TIPS … the take-aways I’m always looking for at a conference, workshop, program, meeting, event- you name it, it’s the “gem” in the pile that I can see the immediate “aha” to and implement in my “get it done” mode.
Are You Using Video? Make 2015 Your Year To!
Don’t be left out … video is in; it is growing; and is a critical element in your author and marketing strategy. Key points with their sources are below.
Did you know that: Online video consumption increased by 38 percent in the last year? May Comscore
Did you know that: Nearly 80 percent of people watch online videos at least once a week. Online-publishers.org
- Estimates show that video will account for over half of Internet traffic by 2015 — nearly four times as much as regular browsing and email. Cisco Visual Networking Index
Video Skyrockets Your Website Engagement:
- Your website visitors spend TWICE as much time on pages that have video. Marketing Sherpa
- Visitors are 85 percent more likely to purchase a product after watching a video—that mean’s your book or services. SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Videos in emails can double the rate of response (“click-through” to website via link) The Moz Blog
Video drives sharing:
Videos are shared 12 times more than links and text combined. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Authors MUST Be Marketers and know about video
Did you know that: Video is the most-shared brand content on Facebook. SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Posts with videos draw 3 times more links than plain-text posts. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
- Search engines love video: SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Video content can make a page 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of search engine results. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
Did you know that: Videos in search results have 41percent higher click-through rates. econsultancy.com
Did you know that: YouTube accounts for almost one-third of Google searches. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
The bottom line: video works EVERYWHERE. Start using it. If you are, use it more.
Judith Briles is known as The Book Shepherd a book publishing expert and coach. She is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 31 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three-day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURoadio. Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.