A special request and ask of you …
AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing that I host on the Toginet Radio Network has been broadcasting for three years now. Its audience is robust. All shows are fresh and woven with content to advance you and your book’s success in publishing and marketing. Starting with a handful of listeners, it now has hundreds of thousands of live and downloads each month. The last two were essentials in building your publishing—one on building the super blog; the other on why you need to move into audio books pronto. There are over 200 shows that you can download on a huge variety of topics within book publishing, book marketing and your book success.
Are you one?
Have you taken the time to post a short review on the iTunes website?
And here’s what I’m asking you do this week:
- Share & Recommend the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast on your social media streams with a link to one of your favorite programs including posting on your social media streams as well as on Twitter @MyBookShepherd.
- Subscribe (super important) to the podcast on iTunes. The redirect link that will take you to the iTunes listing will be http://bit.ly/iTunesAuthorU
- iTunes is free and available for both PCs/ MACs here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Please download and install it now if you don’t yet have it. And if you have an iPhone or iPad, you already have the podcast app on your device.
- Rate the podcast with lots of stars –that would be ideal … BUT, I want you to be honest. Which is the reason all the shows are posted on my website—over 150 of them at: http://TheBookShepherd.com.
And, please let me know by hitting reply to this email if the show falls short of your expectations after listening to a few episodes. Last week’s was on creating a stellar blog and the steps that you need to take. This week is on a book marketing tool that will create a “face” for your book quickly.
- Review the podcast by writing something nice about it—something that will hook visitors searching iTunes for publishing advice and help. Reviews count for books and they do for podcasts.
- Submit your review. Submission of reviews are very important. Note: it usually takes a few hours for Apple to upload a review. To my knowledge, Apple/iTunes doesn’t have the random removal process that Amazon undertakes.
- After your review goes live on iTunes, take a screen capture of your review and post it in the comments on http://theBookShepherd.com under this blog. Because you’re a launch team member when you do this last step – and as a personal thank you from me – you may have 20 minutes of my time over the phone or via Skype. Just email me – Judith@Briles.com – with “posted on iTunes”… I’ll follow up.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published this summer: The How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2017, the dates are June 22-24th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU – Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.