If there is a possibility of connecting with a sponsor—by speaking, premium sales or corporate sponsorship—think about what your cover design. Is there room on it that a corporate logo could be placed on a special printing run?—that’s worth money to you. Or, consider/offer to a key person, such is the CEO, to write a forward for a special printing run. Most CEOs don’t write books—you can count on a group or company to buy lots and get behind it. Authors can earn significant moneys when associations and corporations get behind a book and decide to use it in their promotional messages.
More Sidebar Items
and Instantly Download Judith's
FREE Publishing Essentials Guide
+ get her snappy, sassy, salty weekly Blog!
Klout Score: Top 5%
If you love independent bookstores like I do, I would encourage you to support yours--bookstores are the heart of many communities.
All you need to do is go to IndieBound.org and add your Zip code ... in seconds, all the indie book stores in your region will pop up. Please support them.
Join the Publishing with The Book Shepherd – Facebook Group
Log into Facebook and Join the Conversation!
Book Publishing Help
Book Publishing Help
Most Recent Posts
- Publishing Predators Are in the Swim: Authors Are the Bait … Don’t Get Lured … Don’t Get Hooked!
- Kick-Butt Author and Publishing Tips & Ahas
- Author and Book Repurposing … Is It in Your Mix?
- Kick-Butt Author and Publishing Tips & Ahas: Author Alert Tip
- How Indie Publishers Can Get Their Books into Libraries
The Book Shepherd Daily
- Steve Snyder and his book Shot Down continue to get massive amounts…
- Danita Hughes is gather the media attention with her book, The Unapologetic…
- Meet me at the AuthorU Extravaganza in Sept. in Denver--don't miss it!
- WOW ... so hot. We have arranged with RCCL to do a…
- Danita Hughes is at the printer with her new book, The Unapologetic…
- Judith’s Publishing Quiz
- All Book Industry Resources
- Creating a Copyright Page
- Amazon’s Look Inside the Book Guidelines
- Video Library
- Don’t get Your Book Lost … Get in BookScan Now!
- Get Your LCCN (Library of Congress Catalog Control Number)
- How to Get Your ISBN for Your Book
- Sample Copyright pages