LIVE Thursdays with Dr. Judith Briles
Your Guide to Book Publishing with Judith Briles … Everything You Want to Know, But Didn’t Know What to Ask
Before you hire a single publishing consultant; someone to “fix” your book; someone to “design” your book; some to create the “cover” of your book; someone who has anything to do with your book … you want to.
The single biggest mistakes new authors and wannabe authors do is rush to publish. Today’s variety of publishing methods has created more trash than the book buying public needs, or wants. Why? Simply because authors are “publishing” without caring or knowing the ins and outs of being an author and publishing a book. They get duped by publishers, publishing and others who want their money. The predators of publishing. And sometimes, they get duped by themselves.
Your Guide to Book Publishing with Judith Briles … Everything You Want to Know, But Didn’t Know What to Ask reveals:
- Where book publishing is going and how can you take advantage of it.
- How to identify and avoid the publishing predators that are lurking at every nook and cranny in the beginning author’s journey.
- What opportunities are emerging as the book trade evolves into new forms?
- The dollars and sense of publishing.
- How to create a book and in which format should it be published.
- How to identify which format is for you and how to begin the first step?
- How to avoid losing money.
- How to create your Book and Author Platforms.
- Why POD could be a publishing disaster.
- How to build a team a publishing team that works?
- Why the savvy author niches a book.
- How to determine which publishing option is best for you.
- How to sell tons of books with speaking engagements.
- The key elements that will lead to your book success.
- How to create your Book and Author Platforms;
- How to strategize your eBook strategize;
- What the critical factors are in creating a Book Launch;
- Why you should consider marketing via an Author or Book Blog;
- The critical cost of publishing; and
- And so much, much more.
If you want to write and publish a book … if you want to be successful as an author, Your Guide to Book Publishing with Judith Briles … Everything You Want to Know, But Didn’t Know What to Ask is for you . You will hear about statistics, scenarios and strategies on what to do now! As The Book Shepherd, Dr. Judith Briles is in and each week. She will include publishing professionals that will reveal tips and secrets to the author’s journey. If there is a book in you, you want to listen, learn … and yes, call in with your questions each week.