Judith Briles is a Book Publishing Expert, Book Marketing Expert, Inspiration Book Coach and The Book Shepherd. She is an Internet Radio Host, International Speaker, Publisher, and award-winning and best-selling Author.
A Book Shepherd is simply this: a person who has a depth of experience within the publishing and writing fields; has connections with vendors and associates that will bring your book concept and vision to life, creating the actual book; someone who has marketing moxie and understands book selling, including the alternative and niche markets; and someone who is an enthusiastic coach for your "baby." A book shepherd should have a clear understanding of how to write a book ... and how to publish a book. Judith Briles is The Book Shepherd you need on your side, a true how to get published expert.
A message from Dr. Judith Briles
Hello and thank you for visiting my site. My expertise is in book publishing, coaching writers to the completion of their manuscripts, and creating and implementing a book marketing launch and campaign strategy.
What I offer is publishing consulting to a broad range of authors who desire to build their author and book platforms; weave them through the complex and sometimes overwhelming publishing world; show them how to get published; and create a customized book marketing strategy.
With other 30 years behind me, I’ve had the pleasure of working with children's, fiction, memoirs, business, health, poetry, horror and a variety of other genres and specialties.
If your ultimate goal is to get your work published, I can help you get there.
In my mentoring and coaching programs, I’m interested in helping authors and writers who want to be seriously successful and reach their goals—and enjoy the journey. With consulting, I bring my years from publishing with New York publishers to creating an independent press. My quest is to guide and support you with strategies to keep your enthusiasm heightened as you reach your goal.
I am an innovative and creative writing coach, and a how-to get published expert who can expertly assist you with your book and publishing project. I've mentored up and coming authors and publishers for years and dedicated untold hours to educating others to the pitfalls, and joys, of the publishing world. In 2009, I created AuthorYOU, a membership organization that is designed for serious authors who want to be seriously successful. The AuthorYOU group on LinkedIn alone has 17,000 members.
As a past president of several publishing associations and creator of several publishing conferences including the AuthorYOU Extravaganza, I stay in touch with the writing and publishing communities. My latest book for authors, How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech takes them step by step through the process of speaking ... it's the #1 way to sell and market books. Joined by How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos, Snappy Sassy Salty, Wise Words for Authors and Writers, The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers and Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms. All have won multiple national awards totaling over 40 as of 2019. Each have become a #1 bestsellers on Amazon.
Why Travel the Publishing Path Blindfolded?
With The Book Shepherd andmy vast array of publishing experts, you will have a clear vision for your book and a road map for your goals. The members of myteam are all award-winning designers and editors that can help guide you through the challenges of the publishing industry, providing all the help you need. With the 10,000+ books rolling out every day (yes, too many are unedited and look like they are DIY projects), your book needs to snap, crackle and pop to get a reader's and buyer's attention.
Although "self-published" is the routine term used for anyone who does not publish within the framework of a traditional publisher, what Judith and The Book Shepherd team do is not self-published. She doesn't use the word self simply because when you hire an expert you have gone way beyond self. You don't get passed around or get pushed for "upsales". What you do is conference with the cover and interior designers of your book-to-be; your get a customized design that fits your vision, not an “off the rack” publishing-package. Think of The Book Shepherd as a publishing boutique. Judith and her team listen carefully to your goals, then create a tailored plan to help you fulfill your author dream. If that's what you want, you are in the right place.
You’ll have a Book Game Plan, a time frame and a solution for every step along the way that she will create with you in the initial strategy session. You will start the process with a good writing and publishing team, and by then you will have ended up far ahead of the others--with a book you are proud of. With my help, you will acquire a solid foundation to propel you and your book into publishing success.
Today's ways of publishing are different than just five years ago. The key to publishing success, is connecting you with the right team of experts to create your book, tie it into your business, your dreams and your success. It’s about expanding your vision into a format that is financially successful.
I am honored to be an award-winning author, publisher and publishing consultant with decades of experience.
What Makes Book Shepherding with Judith Unique?
- I know how to write a book.
- I know how to get a book published.
- I am dedicated to you and your book’s success … not your money.
- I will develop your book to be the book you always envisioned it to be … not someone else’s vision.
- I am dedicated to working with you in identifying and developing your Author and Book Platforms.
- Your project and your voice is put first, not what someone else thinks your voice should be.
- I've authored 37 books and worked with over 1,000 authors … and know the pitfalls that authors run into.
- You will get referred to publishing experts that are the right fit for you and they don’t pay for a referral fee!
- Your interests are aways placed first.
- I am an expert in book publishing and marketing, teaching you the inside tricks to get your book noticed.
- You get ongoing book and publishing advice throughout the time you are working with me.
- I personally oversee every aspect and detail of your book.
- I will keep you on target, on time and within your budget.
Judith Briles is a blunt, butt-kicking, benevolent book coach.
Your book is never the end … it is the beginning of a new journey and a lifestyle change.
Congratulations … your book is the start of something big. When you work with me, you will find that my forte is strategic planning, book development, creating the right habits that overcome fear and lethargy that are common in the publishing process, and book marketing. If you are ready to move beyond how to get published to I want to get published, you are in the right place.
Not sure whether to create an independent press, self-publish, or sell your project to a New York-based publisher? It’s a strategic choice. I will brainstorm the pros and cons so that you can make the right decision for you and your book. My skills will not only show you how to write a book that is competitively, but how to publish a book that connects with your market and reader.
Have you thought about your Author and Book Platforms? They are a must for book success ... not only do I know how; I've created one that has created millions of dollars for my books-I'll show the strategy and process.
Need connections to a variety of agents that specialize in selling to New York and to Hollywood? I've got them.
Need help strategizing your Internet and website presence? Most do. Let's talk. Contact me to get started today!
(and there’s a story behind every one of them …)
1. I won the "Big Deal" on Let’s Make a Deal hosted by Monty Hall dressed as Raggedy Ann. My ex got it when I divorced him, claiming it was all his. Jeeze.
2. Not paying attention one afternoon in a Las Vegas hotel, I ran into the butt of an elephant … not once, but twice. After all, it had to be an illusion, right? Nope, the Elephant was real was real.
3. I was the mother of 3 kids under the age of four before I could legally vote. No regrets.
4. I was so broke, that I was a proficient poacher when I lived in Montana. My family ate.
5. Over dinner one night, Gloria Steinem tried to talk me out of publishing one of my best-selling books, Woman to Woman: From Sabotage to Support, that landed me on every major daytime TV talk show, a cover story on People magazine, features in the Wall Street Journal, Time, News and the National Enquirer. In excess of 1,000 combined TV, radio and print positions. Obviously, I didn’t take her advice.
6.I wrote to Merv Griffin and asked him for permission to use his TV show Jeopardy’s music for my presentation, Creating the Confidence Factor. Got it.
8. I have made a living with my mouth and words for over 35 years. During that time, I’ve had to re-invent myself when my sons died; I died; a partner embezzled $1,000,000 and we lost everything including home, cars, health; survived cancer; recovered from a brain injury via a speaking gig fall that took away my ability to read for 18 months. Yet, I have a good life.
9. When I was 30, I clinically died. When I was brought back, I was paralyzed for three months below my waist. My second reinvention was to follow my passion and eventually start my own company.
10. My favorite foreign rights sale was to Saudi Arabia for The Confidence Factor … a book was written by yours truly, a woman; and a book is written for women. Not only was it sold once … the publishing company came back and paid to republish after the contract was over in 2016. Love it!
You can find a variety of ways to contact Judith on The Book Shepherd’s Contact Page.