Author and Publishing Tips and Tools.
Keep up with the latest in author gizmos and gadgets. AuthorYOU’s registered geek girl Kelly Johnson, and Judith Briles will demonstrate and teach you several new tools that you can use to spice up your web presence and help with online book marketing.
When: 9:00 AM to 12:30 (to be determined). You’ll be able to meet with publishing experts, network, and get answers to any publishing related questions you may have.
Speaking Unplugged Session in 2019:
Would you like to know how powerful you, your book and experiences are and how they can influence and change others one word at a time? Would you like to turn your book, your ideas, your mouth into a business that creates a lifestyle woven with travel, fun, global friends and financial success?
You can with the smart and savvy strategies, you will reveal in this interactive and fun intensive workshop. With over 35 years of speaking on the platform, Dr. Judith Briles will show you how to become a successful professional speaker … a speaker that will soar your book sales. Since the 80s, speaking has been her #1 way to sell books … over 1,000,000 of them!
Would you like to turn the book you have or are creating into a money machine that cements your expertise and authoring success?
Would you be willing to trade just TWO days to get all the how-to and strategies from someone who spent over 35 years on the speaking platform … someone who generated in excess of $5,000,000 in combined speaking fees and book sales that will be generated directly from speaking gigs? You can …
Don’t delay: 2017 & 2018 Boot Camps were SOLD OUT!
Your guide and mentor for these 2 awesome days is Dr. Judith Briles, the author 35 books, publishing expert and radio host. Plus an opportunity for an extra day post the Unplugged Bootcamp.
There are two-weekend dates for 2018:
March 22-23, 2019 Will change your authoring life
Event Site: Denver Colorado, the Venue is TBD. We will notify registrants of the venue and nearby hotels ASAP.
Experience two days of Judith … NO pitches to buy other “stuff”, just Judith Briles Speaking Unplugged delivering an amazing depth of speaking and marketing information that she has derived from her 35 plus years as a professional speaker that has taken her to 12 countries—from Finland to Brazil and all 50 states.
Are you ready to create the speech that will get you booked and re-booked … get the answers to the questions you have … all of them? Judith is the master book publishing coach and guide.
Reserve Your Spot NOW
for 2 Colorful Brain-Jammed Days, including meals.
- How to develop your topic … start with your book then expand to create a portfolio of options for meeting planners to select from or add-on to an already booked gig.
- How to structure your speech or create a workshop … one that is uniquely you and will make you the buzz of any conference.
- How to identify your key points … and hook in the right story, activity or exercise to engage your audience.
- How to create stories based on your life experiences that will engage an audience … that can have them rolling in the aisles or shedding a tear.
- How to tie in current events with your presentation … create a local hook that will connect with attendees.
- How to know when to use multi-media … and what to do if it goes wrong.
- How to structure your first words … whether it’s a story, statistics, an event connected with the group or something else—tips on how to instantly connect with any audience.
- How to create a memorable opening or closing … that will leave your audience laughing, crying or thinking—but never just leaving them.
- How to avoid the Blunders, Bloopers, and Boo-Boos … that most speakers—newbies and old-timers make.
- How to identify and create your Unique Selling Pitch to any meeting planner … what will make you shine and rise above the speaker crowd?
- How to create the visuals to enhance your presentation … audiences are visible—you will learn how to use cartoons, words and essential elements to spark up any presentation.
- How to deal with snafus and presentations that aren’t working … it happens; not every audience is ideal or presentation perfect.
- How to find groups that want your message … and will enthusiastically cheer for you and want you back.
- How to move from free to fee … and make a living by using your words and your mouth.
- How to negotiate contracts … and get “soft money” for no fee gigs.
- How to create your “unique” position … work with a SWOT Analysis designed for you and your book.
- How to create an AWESOME Speaker-Book One-Sheet …
you need one that shouts you out … it’s brag time to hook meeting planners and attendees.
WAIT … WAIT … there’s MORE! You have the opportunity to book one day within three months of your Judith Briles Speaking Unplugged Bootcamp for a One-on-One in person in her offices or via Skype if you are out of the area. You will get laser coaching dissecting your speech, your stories … your “whatever” that evolves from the Unplugged session you attended. Your cost for this is $1,250, a reduction from her 6-hour fee of $2,750 and only available to Unplugged participants.
REGISTER NOW by calling 303-885-2207 — get the EARLY Bird pricing of $547 by January 31st.
Are you an Alumni? Special rates for Alumni are reduced to $347
Rates will increase on February 1st to $997. Judith has a payment plan if desired, just call the office at 303-885-2207.
Alumni March Speaking Unplugged – $347
- If you want to open up your creativity channels … you will love the exercises Judith walks everyone through.
- If you want to create a speech that uses the key elements of your book and expertise … you will learn insider tips on how to and how to niche yourself into “your” market.
- If you want to be Pitch Perfect … it’s the way to sell your book, and few authors succeed. You will now.
- If you want to master social media tricks that will allow you to breathe … you will learn and see exactly how to create a life beyond your computer. Judith selects several books for attendees and will demonstrate and position them for a marketing blitz you won’t believe in front of your eyes!
- If you want to know tricks of the social media marketing whirlwind … you will learn which platforms work best for which books and how to drill down into them.
- If you haven’t done a Speaking GamePlan around your book, you will (or will revisit what you thought your GamePlan was) … and discover amazing “ahas” along the way about both You and Your Book.
- If you want to make serious money as an author, you will come away with the how-to strategies that are doable.
- If you stumble along on how to pitch yourself, you won’t any longer–tips and techniques plus create the ideal script to roll out who and what you will bring to participants at events in less than 30 seconds.
- If you want “e” shortcuts to use for your speaking marketing, you will get plenty of fast-track tips to use.
- If … what are your “IFs”? … there will be hot seats throughout the two days.
ALL participants take the hot seat and get immediate laser coaching from Judith. How cool is that?
Get ready to experience a “different” bootcamp … it is not just another conference where you sit in your seat and take notes—expect extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities—you will not only listen and hear Dr. Judith Briles, The Book Shepherd; you will see demonstrations of how she does it in her own speaking; AND you will immediately implement what she says. PLUS, you will get live laser coaching. Judith believes in feeding your brain and your belly—you will be fed.
What it is, is your next, next step to authoring success.
Be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to be.
Can’t make it in March? Come in November. Speaking Unplugged will happen again November 15-16th 2019.
REGISTER NOW by calling 303-885-2207 — get the EARLY Bird pricing of $547 by January 31st for MARCH and September 15th for NOVEMBER. Why not commit now and pay a little each quarter?
Are you an Alumni? Special rates for Alumni are reduced to $347
Rates will increase on September 30th to $997 for the NOVEMBER session. Judith has a payment plan if desired, just call the office at 303-885-2207.
In other words,
your life as an author will morph.
Judith Briles Speaking Unplugged delivers extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities and Hot Seats—
you will not only listen and hear The Book Shepherd, you will immediately implement what she says. As the author of 36 books (two more are in the works!), many best-selling and award-winning, she has presented to audiences as small as 16 and as large as 5,000.
It is your next, next step to credibility and speaking success.
If that’s your goal, be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to. Save these two days in 2019 … 2018 and 2017 were sold out–don’t wait:
November 22 – 23 … days that will change your author life. Who better to captain your journey than Author and Publishing Expert, Dr. Judith Briles?
Early Bird Registration ends on September 15th … your cost is $547 … it increases $450 on September 16th to $997 – additional registrations with the same party are $397 up to September 15th and $797 until the last day of the month prior to the Unplugged date.
Remember: Judith has a payment plan if desired, just call the office to set it up at 303-885-2207.
If you are a Last Minute registrant, you will pay $1,297 … that means from November 1st until Judith Briles Speaking Unplugged starts.
BONUS: On Saturday, there will be complimentary neck and shoulder massages throughout the day.
All meals during sessions included PLUS extensively detailed workbook.
Location and Hotel Reservations:
Lunch included each day.
Stay “in the moment” so her teachings and strategies will begin to imprint versus being pulled back to the office and your personal surroundings.
There will be coffee/tea onsite and throughout our sessions plus lunch each day …
Workshop Times: Each morning starts at 8.30 AM. Days will end at 4.30 PM. On the 1st night–Friday, there is an after session casual soiree–an excellent schmooze and noshing time. Dress should be comfy. It’s wise to have a sweater–temps can very in our room.
If you are FLYING: Denver International Airport (DIA-Denver) is your destination.
Workshop Times: 8:30 to 4:30 each day. On the 1st night–Thursday, there is an after session soiree that is a great schmooze and noshing time.
Register now by calling 303-885-2207 — get the EARLY Bird pricing of $547 by September 15th … why not commit now and pay a little each quarter? Rates will increase on September 16th to $997 session. Judith has a payment plan if desired, just call the office at 303-885-2207.
~~~~Cancellation Policy: No Refunds after February 10th for the March meeting, or October 10th for the November Unplugged. Prior to that, there will be a $200 cancellation fee.
Thank you! The Speaking Unplugged Bootcamp was amazing, very helpful, and filled with valuable information. I have much to percolate on in regard to my speeches. I have already begun to look at them differently, with new ideas.
I really enjoyed the 2-day Package. Small intimate setting—the Hot Seats were great. My #1 aha was on how use a story to lead into my key talk on diversity. Sign me up—I’m coming back!
-Andi Sue Phillips
I liked the comprehensive structure of the two days along with how to turn stories into an engaging opening—how to make them come alive.
Same Sh*t, Different Day
Great job! The first thing I’m going to do is update my current presentation and start using stories that I never considered before. What I learned in the first two hours exceed my registration fee!
I enjoyed it all. Loved the interaction and learned from the examples. My takeaway: I can do this!
My Life Rearranged
What an amazing depth of actionable information. The information on how to structure contracts and fees was invaluable—the first thing I’m going to do is refine and define stories. I now know which direction to take.
Social Media Expert
Invaluable! Being able to get in front of a group and practice telling my story was the perfect landing for me.
Ideas! Lots and lots of ideas: speaking, writing, marketing, and website. My #1 aha was going through the speaker website review and what is needed. I never thought about a grabber line. Sign me up for your next event!
Learning how to develop speaking topics and weaving in stories was extremely helpful. Thank you. I learned lots that I can immediately use.
My #1 take-away was to cross-pollinating my book. Getting the numerous ideas, tips and tricks along with Judith’s amazing expertise was huge. Discovering the essentials of story-telling along with the hooks and pitches was excellent.
-Charles Fischer— author of The Power of The Socratic Classroom and Beyond Infinity
I learned so much: the websites and how-to information that I wasn’t awre of. My #1 take-away was the significant list of names that hire speakers.
-Bobbie Bolden – author of Princess Golf
Coming away with a solid structure of a speech plus the breakdown of Oprah’s speech at the Golden Globe Awards was perfect for me. My #1 aha was the power of how to do post card marketing.
-Lynn McLeod, author of From Simms to Zanzibar
The Hot Seats were amazing. I loved all the feedback during them and gained lots of helpful tips. Learning how to do a 15-second pitch and how to use post cards for marketing will make the difference in what we do. My #1 take-away focused on the Speaker One-Sheet and why I need to create one immediately. This event was worth every minute of it!
-JoAnn Wagner, author of the Sir Pigglesworth series
These two days were like a mastermind session for me. My #1 take-away was that Judith opened my thinking to a variety of venues of how and where I can speak. I’ll immediately start working on updating my social media profiles and flesh out my speech.
-Marian Hays, author of The Diabetes Diet Solution
My #1 take-away was just thinking on a deeper level. I’m going to create a detailed conference list that is my target market.
Andi Phillips, author of De Emphasize Diversity
My #1 take-away was to get my website set up with a focus on current skills and new book. Loved the wall canvas activity.
-Doug Gilbert, co-author of Leading Organizations
I enjoy the spontaneity of this workshop. My #1 aha was to focus on what I need to do now versus taking on more that is outside—I’m going to start on post card marketing and creating a press release.
-Kathy Schultz, author of The Bystander
Loved everything—especially the section on contracts and negotiations and how to add “value” to any speaking engagement. My take-aways include getting my website speaking friendly; update all social media profiles; and expanding my platform for the book I’m writing.
-Jessica Jay Dee
Do you struggle with social media marketing? Every independent author needs to be active in social media. Most authors have a love-hate relationship. This morning, we’ll ease the strain as you’ll learn tips and tricks to grow your online influence, gather more subscribers, and sell more books.
When: 9:00 AM to 12: 30 pm
It’s like a mini Extravaganza for newbies and any author wanting a refresher course, and the best part is, it’s totally FREE. Learn about your publishing options, get introduced to the basics of book marketing, get book design tips, website tips, meet with author service providers and network with other authors.
When: 9:00 AM to 3 pm, You’ll be able to meet with publishing experts, network, and get answers to any publishing related questions you may have.