Would you like to turn the book you have or are creating into the book and authoring success you want?
Would you be willing to trade just 2 days to get all the publishing and strategy information you need … information and strategies that will create FREEDOM to be an awesome author?
Get ready for 2 Author changing days …
it’s Book or Bust time June 21 – 22, 2019 – Denver CO
Location: HILTON DENVER INVERNESS
200 Inverness Drive West, Englewood, CO 80112
Last 5 years sold out … don’t miss out …
Bonus presentation includes Author Gizmos and Gadgets!
Awesome authors came from everywhere …
where will you come from?
June 21 – 22, 2019 will change your authoring life …
Experience two days of Judith … no pitches, just Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged delivering an amazing depth of publishing, authoring, and marketing information that she has derived from her 30 plus years in the publishing field and as The Book Shepherd. You’ll also have a BONUS session that will deliver an intensive implementation workshop using gizmos and gadgets that are used in social media and marketing. Kelly Johnson, my favorite Geek Girl, will join me as we unveil our personal favorites that will make your authoring life soar.
Create the bestseller you dream of … turn into the award-winning and sought after author you aspire to … brainstorm the crowdfunding program to fund your project … get the answers to the questions you have … all of them.
Judith is the master book publishing coach and guide.
Reserve Your Spot NOW
for 2 Colorful Brain-Jammed Days, including all meals.
June 21-22, 2019
Avoid the Blunders, Bloopers, and Boo-Boos … that even seasoned authors make.
Create your Unique Selling Pitch … what will make you shine and rise above the author crowd?
Create an Author SWOT Analysis (ASA) just for you and your book … it develops YOUR unique positioning.
Create a Bublish book marketing profile … even while your book is in draft form.
Create an AWESOME Author and/or Book One-Sheet ... you need one that shouts you out … it’s brag time to hook readers.
If you are just starting down the authoring and publishing path, you will come away with a personalized strategy to create and develop your book.
- If your book is ready to birth, you will come away with amazing steps and ahas on how to soar its official launch and develop your next steps.
- If your book has birthed, your will come away with how-tos, re-directs and the latest and greatest in strategies to goose it about the masses who are shouting for buyer attention.
- If your book, and you, want to create a PRE book launch that sells books and gets you noticed, you will learn how.
- If you want to make serious money as an author, you will come away with strategies that are doable and how to do them.
- If your book is currently available, no matter how old, your current marketing concepts and strategies will be turned upside down.
Identify and Grow SuperFans that will devour everything you write and publish.
If you want to be Pitch Perfect … it’s the way to sell your book, and few authors succeed. You will now.
If you want to create a fast and fun book teaser … you will!
If you want to sell your book Everywhere, let’s get foreign as in rights, that is.
If you want to look at crowdfunding … you will learn the ins and outs of a campaign and create a dummy one just for you–even if you don’t think crowdfunding is for you … you never know! Two years ago, Ashlee Bratton paid close attention. She raised over $9,600–guess what paid for her production? Will you be next?
If you want to make serious money as an author … you will come away with the “how to strategies” that are doable–not sure make-believe.
- If you want to open up your creativity channels … you will love the exercise Judith walks everyone through.
- If you want to create a speech that uses the key elements of your book and expertise … you will learn insider tips on how to and how to niche yourself into “your” market.
If you want to master social media tricks that will allow you to breathe … you will learn and see exactly how to create a life beyond your computer. Judith selects several books of attendees and will demonstrate and position them for a marketing blitz your won’t believe in front of your eyes!
- If want to know tricks of the social media marketing whirlwind … you will learn which platforms work best for which books and how to drill down into them.
- If you are still noodling on what a Platform is, you will not only get it, but you will drill down into yours and embrace it.
- If you haven’t done a GamePlan for your book, no matter what stage it’s at, you will (or will revisit what you thought your GamePlan was) … and discover amazing “ahas” along the way about both You and Your Book.
- If you want to make serious money as an author, you will come away with the how to strategies that are doable.
- If you want to know how to deal with, and avoid, the publishing predators, you will come away with knowing who they are and how to disconnect from them.
- If you want to come away with position ideas and how-tos to create a bestseller on Amazon, you will get a how-to plan.
- If you stumble along on how to pitch yourself, you won’t any longer–tips and techniques plus create the ideal script to roll out who and what you and your book are about in less than 30 seconds.
- If you want “e” shortcuts to use for your book marketing, you will get plenty of fast-track tips to use.
- If you want to really learn the latest in gizmos and gadgets, tools that will soar your social media positioning and marketing, you will learn and use them onsite in the BONUS add-on session on the 27th–you must register of this.
- If … you already have a book in hand, repurposing will become your new best friend … tips and tricks galore on creating new books and products without starting from scratch.
- If … what are your “IFs” … there will be hot seats throughout. Those who are registered by May 21st not only get a discount, they will be “entered” into a drawing that will allow three attendees to take the hot seat and get immediate laser coaching. How cool is that?
- Get Ready for the Goal Setting and Stepping Stone GamePlan that will be the game changer for your success.
- Creating Timelines for your publishing success.
- Creating a Publishing Budget that works with your money resources.
The Book Shepherd’s Publishing Unplugged is not just another publishing conference where you sit in your seat and take notes—expect extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities—you will not only listen and hear The Book Shepherd, you will immediately implement what she says. Judith believes in feeding your brain and your belly.
It is your next, next step to authoring and book success. Be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to be.
In other words, your life as an author will be morphed.
JOIN ME and lots of awesome authors at this year’s Judith Briles’ Book Publishing Unplugged. It will deliver extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities and Hot Seats—you will not only listen and hear The Book Shepherd, you will immediately implement what she says. As the author of 37 books (2 more are in the works!), many best-selling and award-winning, she knows publishing. Her latest book, How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech has just been declared a finalist for Foreword’s INDIES Book of the Year. It joins the multi-award winning How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos and The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers in the AUthorYOU mini-guide series along with the Author YOU: Creating and Building the Author and Book Platforms, which will be used throughout … and a book that has earned 6 national awards shortly after it was published: In the Writing and Publishing categories, it was the WINNER at the International Book Awards, the Indie Excellence Book Awards and the International Book Publishers Awards PLUS Book of the Year in Writing from Foreword Reviews magazine in the IndieFab Awards announced at the American Library Association’s annual meeting. Limited to a small number of participants, each will receive individual attention and walk away with a personalized GamePlan for his or her Book and for Self, as the Author.
If that’s your goal, be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to. Save these three days in 2019:
June 21-22… days that will change your publishing life. Who better to captain your journey than Author and Publishing Expert, Dr. Judith Briles?
Early Bird Registration:
Regular Registration $397
VIP AuthorYOU Member $347
uh-Oh— May 21 … prices increase $50 to:
Regular Registration $447
VIP AuthorYOU Member $397
SECOND or THIRD Registration
(for anyone who is new to the Unplugged experience or a co-worker)
Alumni . . . your cost is $297 for June 21-22.
Refreshing your Game Plan is always an excellent idea …
and you just many be ready to start the next book!
There are no refunds 30 days before the event. There will be a $150 cancellation fee.
All meals during sessions included PLUS extensively detailed workbook.
Attention ALUMNI: You can attend both days for only $297, increases to $347 on May 21.
Registration: $397 through May 20th; additional registrations $397 each.
Venue: HILTON DENVER INVERNESS
200 Inverness Drive West, Englewood, CO 80112
Cost for Hotel is $169 and it is good through May 20th
People are talking!
I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful training and opportunity of being there. I’ve come away with direction and full intent to succeed using as much of the valuable information you shared last week as possible.
I look forward to talking with you about our future collaboration on my book. – Lesa Weller
Intense … Informative … Judith Answered my questions … Fun! – Barbara Mertus Munyon
Fun … very informative … encouraging I loved everything! – Sandi Ruther
Colorful Brain Jam! – Jake Williams
Focused direction … inspiration … and lots of sheer wisdom. – Ari Kopel
This was good … nice people for learning and putting into practice the ideas for my project. – Andi Phillips
Great–gave good material to act on now. The plan for Crowdfunding was fantastic! – Sharon Worrell
This was so worthwhile and helpful–I came away with so much on my “to do” list. Thank You! – Joyce Sawyer
Intense … Inspiration … Useful… big takeaway was book launches and how to think about them as well as focusing on social media. – Chuck Fischer
A lot of extremely valuable information. – Kim McConnell
I loved the creative energy and the high use of visuals. I learned so much in the past two days that my head is swimming. Very dynamic—I loved it! This is the best publishing conference I’ve attended. – Pat Morgan, Tennessee
I came back for the second year and came away with more information and more content than I could imagine. Two days of Judith’s vast knowledge is an awesome experience! It was over my expectations where were already high. – Rhondda Hartman, Colorado
Insightful, thorough, humorous, touching, fascinating, educating, loving, caring, EXPERTISE! I truly, truly enjoyed it—thank you! – Heather Elliott, Canada
WOW … information overload! – Courtney Miller, Colorado
Very informative … there is a no holds giving of info and sharing her experience. Judith is extremely energetic, knowledgeable and fun. – Benny Kjaer, New Mexico
Judith Briles Unplugged fully met my expectations … it was informing and delivered with high energy. – Gary Worrell, Colorado
I loved Judith’s off the cuff brainstorming of ideas … this was a week’s class handled in two days. – Della Temple, Colorado
A stimulating program, crammed with very practical advice and wonderful humor. Inspirational! – Herb Jacobs, Colorado
A great way to keep a lot of information organized; it was personal and intimate—I know what I don’t know and I’m going to fix it. – Julie Griffin, Colorado
Judith Briles Unplugged was was beyond my expectations. Love it! – Kathleen Flanagan, Colorado
I don’t believe that one or two sentences would do this conference justice … it was way off the charts! – Greg Hickman, Texas
Zippy, Zappy, Zeowy! Fun energy! I got sucked into her vortex and I didn’t want to leave! This surpassed my expectations. – Claryss Nan Jamieson, Hong Kong
On MONDAY, June 24 (7 ET, 6 CT, 5 MT, 4 PT) … 30 awesome and Hot Publishing Ahas and Tips from six amazing publishing pros: Sandy Lawrence, Judith Briles, Daniel Hall, Amy Collins, Rebecca Finkel, Kelly Johnson, and Ashlee Bratton. Plus we always throw in a few more that you won’t want to miss!
What author and writer don’t want savvy insider tips and ahas on publishing, publicity, book marketing, book design, making money on your book and the latest awesome gizmos and gadgets authors can use?
Don’t bother to pop the popcorn–you won’t have time to eat it–you will be taking notes like crazy!
AND … Make sure you register even if you can’t attend the LIVE presentation … you will automatically get the replay the next day.
Get it on your calendar:
MONDAY, June 24th (4 PT, 5 MT, 6 CT, 7 ET)
Note: your registration will add your name and email to our preferred emailing list.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Over 80% of Americans think they want to write a book. Is that you? Do you know the “why” of why your book should be available to others? And, do you need to learn the basics of publishing, what it takes to turn your vision, your words, into a print book? Dr. Judith Briles, The Book Shepherd,™ will show and teach you how at her exclusive Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies.
Designed in an all-day workshop guided by Judith, Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies is for those who think they want to write a book; who want to write a book; are currently working on a book; and want to discover the publishing options that are viable today. It’s the first step … a baby step, but a huge one.
The Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies has been created for you if these questions are in your space and you are feeling lost in the forest of authoring and publishing: Should I publish? How do I get started? What do I do? Which way should I go? Help!
It’s time to get found.
Judith will cover book mapping; how to create a catchy title; how to kick-start getting money; what is the publishing process from start to finish; and how to get started. The workshop is filled with creative activities to get your juices flowing. Plus, you’ll get some quiet time to write and get feedback. All in the comfort of her home and with her guidance.
Come network with other authors to be and get direction and guidance from The Book Shepherd to start your publishing journey.
There are three available sessions this summer: June 28th, July 20th, and August 24th. Each session will be from 9:00-4:00, and lunch and snacks will be included.
Space availability: limited to 20
Location: Judith’s Salon, Deck, and Yard in Aurora, Colorado
Are you ready to take the Publishing Plunge?
Choose the date that you’d like to start your publishing journey below.
Friday June 28th Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies
July 20th Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies
August 24th Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies
How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders … and How to Recover When You Make Them!
Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
Whether you are just beginning the author journey or think you are an old pro, the publishing maze has a few tricks up its sleeve. Contracts can snarl you, marketing can swamp you, and social media can suck your energy. No wonder authors become comatose—no longer, after this highly interactive, fun and “aha” session.
Your takeaways will include:
• Identifying the 7 deadly sins that too many authors make.
• Learn what the “escape” clause is that every author needs to include in a traditional publishing contract.
• Come away with great tips and tricks to goose up your open rate on blogs and emails.
• Embrace the strategy to deliver “Best Seller” status on Amazon without spending money or gathering up a bunch of gifts as inducements to buy your book on launch day
Dr. Judith Briles, the award-winning and best-selling author of 37 books, including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Publishers, The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, and How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers, and Boo-Boos. How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech, was released in 2018 and When God Says NO released in 2019.
To date, her books have been translated into 16 countries with over 1,000,000 copies sold! Judith’s books and work have been featured in over 1,000 radio and TV shows including repeat appearances on CNN, CNBC, and Oprah. She has worked with over 1,000 authors and created 500 plus best-sellers. Print publications include Newsweek, People, Time, The Wall Street Journal, Working Woman and … The National Enquirer!
Based in Colorado, she is the founding Partner in The Book Shepherd, a book and publishing consulting and project management firm that works with authors at all stages of their book to create a book they never regret!
Question: When should authors start marketing their books?
Answer: The day they start writing it.
Okay … so must authors don’t get a “pass” on this question. So, let’s reframe the question:
Question: When should authors start marketing their books?
√When your car begins to make an awful noise and just stops, you know you have a problem … right?
√ When your basement is flooded; when you noticed that there are watermarks on your ceiling; or that water is seeping through your window edges, you have a problem … right?
√ When your computer goes blank and doesn’t respond, you know you have a problem … right?
BUT … what about marketing your book? Do you have a problem? YOU DO, if you have ANY of these symptoms:
- There are people who would benefit from your book, and you aren’t connecting with them.
- There are people who are interested in your topic or your genre and you haven’t reached out via social media to connect.
- There are people within social media that are interested in your topic and who aren’t engaging with you.
- There is a change you are focusing on that relates to the premise of your book … and others “don’t get it.”
- You are having difficulty persuading book buyers or your target market to buy your book.
- Your ideal/target market doesn’t connect with your reasoning, rationale, solutions, or storyline within your book.
- Your social media and email contacts are less than 1,000.
- You have engaged the “BB” gun approach to marketing—just aim anywhere; push it out to anyone at any time.
Do any of the above sounds like you. If yes, you have a marketing problem.
If that is you, then how much time are you spending working on a marketing solution? What are you investing in your time, energy and money to learn and create a plan that works? Savvy authors have learned that you cannot solve your marketing problem the next day by simply repeating what you did yesterday, last week, last month … or certainly, last year.
Solution: Attend and participate in the first annual Judith Briles Book Marketing Unplugged. Successful authors have learned and practice: if my book marketing success is to be … it’s up to me. Join Judith Briles for Book Marketing Unplugged this fall. It’s a two-day intensive with just Judith. And YES, there will be hot seats for each participant.
Date: October 18-19
Location: HILTON DENVER INVERNESS – 200 Inverness Drive West, Englewood, CO 80112
Hotel rates: $139.00
First Timers Registration: $497
Alumni of Unplugged Events Registration: $347