Question for All Authors: Have you thought to have your book featured on TV or the big screen?
- Have your readers written you, told you, or posted on social media that your book would make a great TV show or movie?
- As you worked on your work and reread it upon completion felt that your work could be featured on the screen?
- Is the storyline in your book comparable to shows and movies that have been successful?
- Is your book based on a true story?
- Did you use stories in your nonfiction book? If yes, did you use them to hook the reader; to throw in an OMG moment to set the stage for your chapter; to make a point; what?
- Do you watch TV?
- Do you go to the movies?
At the Author YOU Extravaganza, I mentioned a new service—a website—I discovered that is a “pitch platform” for TV and movies. It may be time for you to discover it as well. Meet Storyrocket.com.
Really … how cool would it be to have your book … your ideas featured on the screen—the big one or the small one? Would your ego like it? Bet yes. How about your bank account? Another yes? Are you willing to do the work so your ideas can be discovered? Hmmmm … that could be a “maybe” I suspect. It’s work, not easy, especially when you are stepping into a field that you are a tad clueless about. Would you like to have some of the work done for you in a shortcut? That would also be a yes.
When I review the seven questions I led with, I can answer yes to all of them. I suspect that you can answer yes to many of them as well. Here’s where Storyrocket.com can become your best friend.
My next question for you is: How would you like to have your ideas created in a PITCH that producers can discover quickly? If yes, then here’s what to do:
- Start with watching a shorty on what Storyrocket is about—it’s just a few minutes (less than three) and view this CLIP.
There’s a free version and a fee version. If you are just curious, the free is for you. If you want to step up your game, then do this:
- Then, join the FREE version of Storyrocket and Become a Member HERE. Activate your account, this part is free.
- Next, click Go to PLANS and choose the PLUS PLAN—make sure it’s ANNUAL. You are not on the inside. You can now pitch up to 10 ideas. There are tutorials, step-by-steps and templates to create a five-page pitch per idea.
- Use the promo code: AYE1825
This will reduce the annual fee of $120 to $75, a good deal.
On Thursday, I have an interview with Ana Benitez, the President of Storyrocket. Listen HERE:
Here’s what it includes:
- What an option is and what an author can do in the negotiating process.
- How to create a pitch patch for producers.
- Questions that authors should consider before stepping into the pitch mode
To me, what Storyrocket brings is a gift for authors who want to sell their ideas to TV or for movie consideration. That’s huge in my book. Take the time to discover Storyrocket … and take advantage of it. It’s a good thing.
Go for it.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 36 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (Foreword IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35, How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos has earned 7 national book awards in 2017. Her Latest, How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech is out now. Get your copies now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged Bootcamp, a three-day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2019, the dates are June 13-15. Participate in her Judith Briles Speaking Unplugged Bootcamp held in March and November. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact me.
The Book Shepherd ™