Libraries are Authors’ FRIENDS … what are you doing to connect and support it? How about:
- Find out how your local library orders books. Libraries may have small budgets for new book purchases and share copies through their local library network.
- Visit your local library and meet the buyer for your genre—some have one who does it all; others have many.
- Libraries are beefing up both their “e” and “a” formats and have expanded their buying budgets—eBook and Audiobook. Is your book available in them?
- Donate a few books to your local library so that it is available to the network to share. By doing so, you may raise awareness about your book, create demand—the result could be spin off book sales.
- Contact your local library and ask to do a special event. Most have calendars in place—get on it. They let their patrons know about it and you should shout it out to your local followers as well. Libraries will allow you to sell books.
I did a special webinar with Amy Collins and Daniel Hall last month. Amy who has created a terrific product to get library sales rolling. If you are interested in viewing the webinar and participating in what we did, contact me and I’ll arrange for a preview of it.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 34 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #34 was published this summer: The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers. Get your copy.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen