5 MORE Creative, Cost-Effective FREE Tools and Solutions for Your Authoring Business
Last week, I shared five free tools and services that may be of assistance to your authoring business per my favorite Geek Girl, Kelly Johnson of CornerstoneVA.com. As an author, you are a business owner, you want the best for your authoring business, but sometimes the budget calls for you to find creative, cost-effective solutions. With the countless online applications, services and tools available, you have many options you can use to run your business. Here’s more great goodies to add to your FREE list:
6. Doodle.com – A group scheduling app that enables you to send a group invite that allows everyone to collaborate on when the meeting will take place. This helps avoid the back and forth emails that can get everyone confused.
7. Boomerang (http://www.boomeranggmail.com/) – Want to write an email now but send it later? You can do that with Boomerang for Gmail.com. It gives you a “send later” button in your Gmail, and you can tell it when to send an email. The basic plan is free, and there are upgrades available.
8. Tregia.com – Want to know what another website is doing to get visitors and be successful? You can use this free tool to analyze any website that you want. It’s smart business to check out your competition. You can also use it to get tips to make your own website better.
9. Streak.com – This is a great app that lets you organize your emails inside your Gmail.com so you can keep track of potential deals better. It also offers email scheduling and more. If you need your inbox more organized so you don’t lose out on any deals, then Streak is for you.
– Trello is a great way to remember ideas, collect supplies, and get your thought process in order. You can track all your to-dos in one place, and they have a mobile version.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 34 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #34 was published this summer: The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers. Get your copy.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.