Authoring and Writing Can Be a Lonely Number
Could you use a pick-me-up? A bit of inspiration or silliness? How about something to chew on or get you unstuck? In Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, you will find all that and more.
Author Judith Briles favorite advice over the years to her many author clients is included … think and write snappy, sassy and salty and surround yourself with cheerleaders for your vision, not distractors.
Now you get some of her sage words and yes, they are Snappy, Sassy and Salty.
- Author and Writer Juice: A Daily Glass Is All You Need
- Perfection is usually the enemy of the author. Finish it. Publish it. Revised and second editions are always possible.
- Inspiration … Joy … and Your Muse: Morning and Afternoon Delight … Stuck? Need a wacky idea to get the creative juices going? Read the tabloid headlines … weird things seed great ideas.
- Writing Savvy … the New, New Mantra The author s and writer s creed: Butt in the chair. Get to work. Discipline.
- Failure IS Not an Obstacle: It s Your Stepping Stone… Don t fear the critic who attacks you … fear the fakes who surround you.
- Success is a 7-Letter Word: It s Elusive, Seductive and Exciting Know who you are as an author. Your dog s admiration is secondary.
- Marketing Moxie: The Difference between Success and Failure The Internet for the Author is the town square for book marketing today.
As authors, we are vulnerable. Very vulnerable. Our words and thoughts reveal our personal truths; our off-the-wall fantasies and imaginations expose things that many never fathom we think about; our humor and self-revelations may shock or delight; and our solutions and information we provide can soothe or create chaos.
No wonder authors want to just write; to be left alone. Too many become recluses and retreat to their self-imposed silos. Don t. Yes, authoring and writing can be a lonely experience. It doesn’t have to be … As authors, we are vulnerable. Very vulnerable. Our words and thoughts reveal our personal truths; our off-the-wall fantasies and imaginations expose things that many never fathom we think about; our humor and self-revelations may shock or delight; and our solutions and information we provide can soothe or create chaos.
Judith Briles has created a variety of quotes that she has personally used to keep herself and her Book Shepherd clients on track for years. Divvying them up into six key areas, you will be amused, surprised, thoughtful and motivated.