I’m consistently reminded of how often authors falter at pitching themselves and their books. Know your target audience—the more you niche yourself, the greater the opportunity you have to “own” space. Get your “pitch” down to 15 or fewer words. All you want to do to the listener is to think or say out loud: Tell me more. Then, you can expand. Most authors are motor-mouths—too much info without really creating the “lure” than the “hook” to pull them in. Time to say: No more stumbling and just talking—think about what you want to say to create the “tell me more” situation. My two bits on this Saturday AM.
TODAY on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles and John Kremer dug into book marketing strategies for 2018 – what works from last year, what to dump, and what needs to be done for 2018—don’t miss it.
Listen in live from the website or via iTunes. Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 100,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
It’s a new year—are you ready to take control of your #publishing life? Essential tips for busy #authors to protect a key asset—the website. Podcast: http://ow.ly/A3iZ30hzp71
Smarter Social Media Book Marketing for 2018 amarketingexpert.com/smarter-social…
How We Consume Content Now (And What It Means For Your Marketing) [INFOGRAPHIC] heidicohen.com/infographic-ho… #contentmarketing
Success & Resources
- 4 Ways to Keep Your Brand and Marketing Relevant Amid Fluctuating Cultural Trends https://buff.ly/2EQNjRQ
- 2018 Will be a Pivotal Year for Facebook’s Video Ambitions ow.ly/kiIY30hxXNy via @Digiday | Interesting read! 😎🎬
- “Book signings are like bathing suits. They look better in our dreams than in the dressing room.” Chap.18 bit.ly/FrugalBookPromo #quotes
Writers & Writing
- Here are seven ways to take your eye for big screen story ideas and craft them into can’t-miss novel ideas: buff.ly/2hL5Nw7
- About your writing and disasters at #BacktoLiteraturecolumn @myshelfdotcom #2018Inspirationmyshelf.com/backtoliteratu…
Cool things and OMG moments!
Cat fight! lnkd.in/d9wTNa7. Better Bannon than Jong-un.
Remember … you can listen to over 300+ programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
The Book Shepherd® is a registered trademark