For me, I’m happy to see January and 2019 arrive. So many new changes within AuthorYOU; many books to work on with authors; the annual Publishing at Sea cruise is one week away and I go on a writing retreat in two weeks.
For you, if you are in Colorado TODAY, here’s a live event for you to attend and learn from:
- The awesome kick off the new year on January 5th—it’s all about celebrations and author events with Mara Purl and myself. Register here at http://bit.ly/BookCelebrationMonth
Beginning in January, open public events will be on the first Saturday of the month. January is held at Smokey Hill Public Library.
- The next AuthorYOU Circles is slated for this Saturday, January 12th—starting at 8.30 AM and ending at 11.30 (I’ve got an airplane to catch at 2!—heading out to the annual Publishing at Sea conference—hello Caribbean!). Check it out at Meetup.com/AuthorYou AND, this is where you register (meaning join—it’s a freebie) to attend.
- There are two webinars next week—details are on the AuthorYOU.org website under Events. One is with Dan Janal on How to Write a Book FAST and the other is exclusive for paid-up AuthorYOU members only.
- If you haven’t formally joined AuthorYOU yet, here is the link: https://mp.gg/e9d1o
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! Friday coaching will happen all through December. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for less than a weekly glass of wine; for less than a weekly Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit – Combo at Chick-fil-A; for less than 3 movie tickets! ALERT …we do this on SKYPE … you need to connect with me. Only $27 a month—limited amount of subscribers allowed. Two times: 7 AM and Noon Mountain time. The dress? Totally casual. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom This is for any author anywhere! Register here: http://bit.ly/FridayCoaching
… AND, how’s your week been?
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles invited Dan Janal, a master guru in PR … and on How to Write a Book Fast … We are doing a live webinar with him on Wednesday this coming week. Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 100,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweet for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- How Hollywood Gets the Publishing Industry Wrong | @nytimes pw-ne.ws/f8725
- Create visuals using any number of free online apps. I use @Promo_Republic – ow.ly/vENW30n9FSL for a free trial.
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
How to Implement Social Listening for Your Business: 4 Tools dlvr.it/QtsDGF
10+ Marketing Predictions for 2019 From Top Marketers
41 Types of #ContentMarketing That Sell – Articles – Blog posts – Infographics – Podcasts – Videos – Products – Webinars – Tools – Case Studies – Tailored Workshops Now tie it to each phase of the customer journey. Here’s how: bit.ly/2nXsQDW
What Makes a Good Marketing Campaign? goo.gl/e6sSPv via @DonnaAmos
Don’t make these 4 common author mistakes on LinkedIn – Build Book Buzz buff.ly/1G5Es6r via @sandrabeckwith
Writers & Writing
How To Focus On Writing Right Now buff.ly/2R8iNs3 by @BadRedheadMedia #Writing #AmWriting
Whoa …These #ebooks have just entered the public domain –that means they are grabbable and pushed out under your name … oh my!| @Goodereader pw-ne.ws/f8728
Cool things and OMG moments!
Oh-my (and wow)—remedy for porch box thieves! bit.ly/2EAL08A
Remember … you can listen to over 300+ programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
The Book Shepherd®