If you are just beginning: Ideally, Judith would love to work with every author as the book is conceived, acting as encourager and nurturer as the manuscript develops. That’s not always the case. Sometimes, she comes in midstream; at others, she has rescued the damage done by another publisher, service provider, and sometimes the author.
A message from Dr. Judith Briles
Judith Briles is an innovative and creative guide who will assist you with your book and publishing projects. She has mentored up-and-coming authors and publishers for years and dedicated hundreds of hours to educating others to the pitfalls, and joys, of the publishing world.
Book Shepherds come in all kinds of sizes and shapes, providing a variety of services and charging a wide range of fees. At one end of the spectrum are Shepherds that do similar work to that of book packagers. They will literally take over the development of the book –rewrites or ghosting, editing, cover and interior design, printing, marketing and in some cases, PR. Your investment could range from $20,000 to $50,000 plus. That’s a lot of money. Not with Judith.
Judith brings passion, persistence, perception, planning and publishing power to the table. Her strategy is to “teach you” how to create your book and actively participate in the process. Among things that she can assist you with are:
- Determining if there is a book, and who it is for;
- The tightening of your writing;
- The first run of editing;
- Finding resources you didn’t know you had;
- Seeing opportunities you didn’t know existed;
- Creating the “hook” that makes you the expert;
- Crafting a proposal for a potential sale to a publisher
- The structuring of your PR game plan;
- Creating and shaping a speech that sells your book;
- Connecting you with the right printer;
- Connecting you for foreign and movie rights agents;
- Connecting you to traditional agents;
- Putting the right team together;
- And showing you how to focus like you’ve never done before!
How It Works …
Your first appointment will last a minimum of two hours. Regular and ongoing appointments will be set up—some are in her offices, others on the phone. Emails are sent often. You will not be in the dark. Depending on your project, and needs, the length of time will vary.
Create your book with no regrets!