It’s that time of the year for many of my favorite people: Authors! If that’s YOU, my question is: are you interested in being featured at my annual Author’s Tea slated for Saturday afternoon, APRIL 27th will be in my home.
The Annual Authors’ Spring Tea will be held on:
Saturday, April 27, 2024
I will be hosting the gathering in my home within the Heritage Eagle Bend Golf Club in Aurora, Colorado. Will you and your books be featured at the Authors’ SPRING Tea?
Think of this as a book marketing coop. The catch is that you MUST bring guests. No exceptions. I bring at least 40. You need to invite and bring guests as well. It won’t work unless you do. It doesn’t matter what your friends/family already own your book—but they don’t know about other local authors. Friends are cheerleaders for you and your books to those they meet when at the schmooze fest … and believe me, it is.
Here’s the deal:
1. You are invited to be one of “the author stars”—this is limited to approximately 20 authors. This means that your books will be for sale to other guests for Holiday shopping and that you have 30 seconds or LESS to pitch your book to the crowd … expect 100+ to be there. You will have a space/table to display.
2. Be prepared to schmooze and deliver the “right pitch” … it sells books—each year, some people walk out with a good dozen titles for gifts for others.
3. We will handle your book sales—if, on credit card, we will withhold 15% to cover credit card fees and what I pay Bobby for his time … all checks will be cashed and any moneys due you for your books will be included with those purchased via credit card. Your check for sales will be sent out within two weeks.
4. YOUR cost is two-fold:
- $25 will now be included—you can send a check or call me and pay by credit card. This will cover the cost of food and beverage for attendees—think High Tea, which mean sweets and sandwiches along with teas—sometimes we do cranmosas as well. AND I have several cases of books that I’m going to toss in as gifts to all who buy books during the event—some are mine; and some are titles donated by other authors.
- INVITE & BRING people. This is a marketing coop… you need to get people there. It’s a MUST … not a “coast” … Let your fans and friends know NOW to HOLD THE DATE. I will be posting the event on the AuthorU.org site, two Meetup Groups and sent out invites via com to 300 personal contacts.
Think about it. If each of us brings 5 to 10 friends … that means anywhere from 100 to 200 lookers and buyers. Last year, 150 came and enjoyed … and bought books! You need to make this commitment.
No kidding—new people for shopping are critical. Invite EVERYONE you know to come and enjoy. And please understand, the more you invite, bring, get to come, the better—for you, and the other authors. Yes, they may already have your book—but they may buy more for others as they get into the spirit of the event—it’s contagious!; AND they get the opportunity to hear about other books that just might be the perfect gift for brother Bob, Aunt Sharon, Mom, Gramma or Dad. And you.
What you need to do now … let me know now that you are IN … email me TODAY at Judith@briles.com and in the subject line: April author tea
There are only 20 slots … is one yours? Will you and your books be featured at the Authors’ SPRING Tea? Let me know.
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 45 books and collectively, her books have earned over 55 book awards. For the past 15 years, they have achieved #1 status on Amazon. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter X and do a “Like” on both, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2024 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.