Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Today is a DIRT day for me … and then cooking with friends in the evening. Dirt meaning 150 cubic feet arrive for the two raised veggie boxes I created for the lower garden … filling the boxes … then await the time I can start with seedlings. first in: ONIONS. Their job, besides being for salads and adds, is to create a barrier for the deer that are often visitors. Deer don’t like onions … and garlic, which will go in this fall to winter and be the first to surface spring 2023.
Now to plan—veggies and flowers to mix. And the feast to come in many months.
It’s Caturday … Today is a new beginning. Winter hasn’t gone … promises of spring are here and planning is needed. Book marketing needs planning and implementation.? Tis a planning forward weekend for lots … books … new ideas … stretching. How about you?
That’s my past week … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $27 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $37 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- The best gift you can give back to the publishing industry, the ones who supply you with the books you love: Volunteer to read and review one from this list of new books listed here:. @FrugalBookPromo, @wiseowlfacoryAuthor smarts: most current stats for a crowdfunding campaign to succeed-
- Podcast via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #Amazon #bestseller #authors #books #publishing #selfpub #JudithBriles #podcast #crowdfunding
- The past two years saw strong gains in unit sales of print books due to the pandemic and other factors, but that trend is unlikely to continue this year. pwne.ws/3AFEdEE
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- A Guide to Content Marketing for Authors | @NYBookEditors nybookeditors.com/2021/11/conten… #BookMarketingChat on @TwitterSpaces with @BadRedheadMedia and guest @BillyDeesGreat ideas can come from the most mundane, extraordinary, or unexpected sources.
- If you’re interested in joining a book club but can’t seem to find the time, you may wish to consider doing so online. According to ed.gr/dzxhk, these are the best online book clubs to join: ed.gr/dzxhl #WritingCommunity #readingcommunity #readers
- Great article and charts about the changing media landscape focused on video, television, streaming video and movies via @profgalloway #contentmarketing #media #video #AMG profgalloway.com/film-credits/
- AUTHOR SUCCESS comes from consistency: in your writing; in knowing who your readers are and delivering what they want; in having no regrets about what you publish. #JudithBriles #TheBookShepherd #publishing #amwriting #authors #books #booktok #bookmarketing #writingcommunity
- If you don’t know where to begin your next work of fiction, ACTIVELY seek inspiration and kickstart your creativity! Learn how to on the @BookBaby #Blog. bit.ly/369BpFi
- What are your writing goals as we head into the weekend?
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
A Concert For Ukraine from the Met https://metoperafree.brightcove-services.com/?videoId=6300239750001
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.