Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Thrilled that Louis Sauvain’s mammoth book, Thaddeus of Beewicke has finished layout and is in the final proofreading before going to print. Danita Johnson’s next book in her leadership series is done—watch for The Woman’s Little Purple Book for Leadership as is Sharon Krieder’s Wandering memoir. A good thing in the authoring neighborhood.
Lots will be happening in the AuthorU.org community—changes in content; benefits; website. All new Board in play—a good thing for authors for sure. And watch for the Authors’ Hall of Fame … big scholarship event happening this fall with the Aspiring Authors. Excited, am I!
It’s Caturday … It’s time to gear up and finish that book … put together your book launch plan … and just start or restart your marketing. Something we authors need to do and jump on the cat wagon. How about you?
That’s me … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $27 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $37 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- “Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a person does not know what harbor they are making for, no wind is the right wind.”- Seneca
- What Will We Be Reading Next Year? Five Biggest Trends from the London Book Fair | @guardian pwne.ws/3jxIIJV
- #Libraries and the roles of #librarians have evolved so much over the years. In this insightful article, selected librarians discuss these changes and what further changes they feel are necessary. ed.gr/dy30t
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Virtual selling has been everyone’s priority over the past two years & it’s here to stay in 2022! Make it a successful year: bit.ly/3IcySY3 #salessuccess #virtualselling
- Why Libraries May Never Stop Being People Places | @nytimes pwne.ws/3K2Md5T
- Blog tip for authors—pull back the curtain on YOU. Do a reveal, including how you write. Podcast via @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd @ToginetPodcasts @PublicityHound: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #PR #podcast #indieauthors #books
- “Keep on learning as you write … your brain loves and thrives on change. When in thrival mode, new ideas and creativity flow. ” #thebookshepherd #judithbriles #selfpub #book #writing #author #booksuccess #writer #bookboost #amwriting
- Writers think they know foreshadowing, but can you name the different ways to write it? @KarenCV is #SharingwithWriters children’s lit expert, but this post is for anyone who writes #fiction #drama #TV etc., you name it. @WiseOwlFactory @Tales2Inspire2 buff.ly/3rI87VE
- When asked if you’re a writer, do you use excuse words or do you use positive language about your craft? The latter can work in your favor. Find out how to “Build Yourself Up As A Writer With Positive Language” on the @BookBaby #blog. bit.ly/3vv8J1S
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
‘Out of Touch’: U.K. Children’s Authors Describe Increasing Censorship of Books on Diversity | @guardian pwne.ws/36Fk6MB
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.