Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
It’s SPRING … the heart of it … tis the week that transformation happens across our landscapes. Outdoor eating lures us to relaxing a tad to enjoy nature’s palette unfolding. And for those with allergies—that would be a miserable ugh as some of the sprouting leaves and flowers aren’t for them.
It’s cooking for the family day, celebrating my grandson’s birthday. His fave dinner is on the menu. Rack of lamb.
It’s Caturday … Remember to bring your passion to the party when you settle into write. The words you use are felt by your readers. And by you.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Excellent “Big 6” questions to ponder for #successionplanning. You might know the “who” but do you know the “how” and “how much”? #business #succession #planning
- woot … This is big news to booksellers and authors: Small Press Distributors Survive Through Transformation pwne.ws/3vM5t2u #authors #booksellers #bookmaraketing #JudithBriles
- Self-publishing, indie publishing, and traditional publishing can generate a tsunami of overwhelm and confusion for new authors. Get a new book: How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders by @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #entrepreneur
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Need a #marketing #promotionalplan to drive profitable sales? Here are 10 tactics for any business conditions. Applies to B2B, B2C, NFP and/or entrepreneurs: #heidicohen #marketingexpert #planahead #promotioncalendar #digitalmarketing heidicohen.com/build-your-201…
- Google Play Books Expands AI Audiobook Narration pwne.ws/37OwKcz
- Has your Facebook fallen down and needs to get up? Here’s some tips to regroup, and grow: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/why-your-facebook-group-is-failing-and-how-to-fix-it/ via @SocialMediaExaminer. #SMM #SEO #Facebook #authors #indieauthors #authorcess #JudithBriles
- [wise words to newbie writers and authors] “If you want to get the book out there, be as creative and active as you can,” says @debenbach See how he and others get out there! #bookmarketing bit.ly/3rREi52 #writingcommunity #authors #indiepublishing @TheBookShephered
- Write a poem every day of April with the 2022 April Poem-A-Day Challenge. For today’s prompt, write a remix poem. #WDPoetry #aprpad hubs.li/Q018ZH220
- #WritingCommunity, your message deserves to be shared! Remember not to let self-doubt get in the way of you finishing your project. ed.gr/d1cg8
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Why Libraries May Never Stop Being People Places | @nytimes pwne.ws/3K2Md5T #thebookshepherd #author #writer #book #publishing
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.