Good Authoring Day to YOU
Happy Saturday to you …
Looking forward to cooking and schmoozing with lots of authors at our Author BBQ TODAY starting at 4. No agenda—just eating and cooking. What’s not to like? Reminder … ALL in-person events that I’m coordinating require vaccination if you are going to participate.
There are three big events this FALL … the Authors’ Hall of Fame Induction gala September 18th; the Extravaganza on October 1-2 (you will LOVE the comedian booked for after dinner entertainment on Friday); and the Book Marketing/Social Media Unplugged November 19-20. Get signed up. They are all an IN-PERSON go unless the Governor of Colorado declares otherwise.
It’s August … Working on new books with clients; finishing ones that have been in process; and hoping to work on my own.
And it’s #Caturday post time. How many times have you been pulled in … committed to a “something” and immediately know you shouldn’t have? Learn to say NO when it’s not a fit; you are already over-committed; your heart isn’t in “it” … others will respect you even more when you do say a YES.
And my favorite thing early each morning: I love the morning sunrise. With a mug of hot tea, enjoying the tweets and chatter of the finches that start early; hearing the owls hoot back and forth … my day begins. And thinking—sometimes about client’s books; Sometimes about “My next” book. Sometimes about marketing and strategies. What’s not to like?
That’s my past week … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get
Friday Coaching for less than a weekly glass of wine; for less than a weekly Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit – Combo at Chick-fil-A; for less than 3 movie tickets! ALERT …we do this on Zoom … you need to connect with me. Only $27 a month—limited amount of subscribers allowed. We gather via Zoom at 7 AM. The dress? Totally casual. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. This is for any author anywhere!
Register here: http://bit.ly/FridayCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights for building on your media power. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time:
Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles via http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 8 million downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 8,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweet for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Even Successful Authors Make Mistakes (Why T.J. Newman Should Have Self Published “Falling”) blog.bookbaby.com/2021/07/why-tj… via @BookBaby Blog
- I just published The 8 Options for Author & Publishing Learning … Which Delivers More? link.medium.com/RPXrGtEyeib #JudithBriles #authorsuccess #authors #publishing #writings #creativewriting #writingprompts #writinglife #author
- Knowing what’s already on bookshelves may just be the single most effective (and most overlooked) way to convince an agent where your idea fits in. Here’s how your Competitive Analysis can be your secret weapon. #NFwrites hubs.li/H0TcY5K0
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Awesome SEO fact: The #1 result in Google gets approximately 32% of all clicks (Backlinko) … this you want on page ONE! #bookmarketing #success #authors #publishing #JudithBriles
- Are you looking to make the business case for Voice Marketing? If so, help is here! This article provides the information & data you need including a template. #marketing #digitalmarketing #voicemarketing heidicohen.com/voice-marketin…
- Discover how an #indieauthor blog can lead to more #booksales → selfpub.is/3jdqrT7 #writingcommunity #amwriting #selfpublishing
Writers & Writing
- For some cool tips on writing ethical book reviews without breaking into a sweat, read my newest article, Taking the Pain Out of Writing Book Reviews While Adding a Touch of Glory thenewbookreview.blogspot.com/2021/05/taking… @FrugalBookPromo @WiseOwlFactory
- Want to Become a Writer? Read! buff.ly/3fkE1Bs #writingtips, #amwriting, #kidlit
- There’s nothing funny about learning when to use comedy and comity (OK, maybe a little humor) with Grammar Rules from the Writer’s Digest editors, including a few examples of correct usages. hubs.li/H0TG4fd0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Good–they are reading. Maybe Not Good–it’s all POW-WOW-POP … France Gave Teenagers $350 for Culture. They’re Buying Comic Books. | @nytimes bit.ly/3f1wB5S
Remember … you can listen to over 300+ programs that AuthorYOU Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
©2021 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.