It’s been an overwhelming month for many … Are you a tad worn out from all the Holiday parties, schmoozes, and food? I am … and looking forward to settling down and working with manuscripts and authors. Maybe some hot soup would hit the spot!
Colorado authors: COME ON DOWN … two events here in CO
- The awesome kick off the new year on January 5th—it’s all about celebrations and author events with Mara Purl and myself. Register here at www.Meetup.com/AuthorU
Beginning in January, open public events will be on the first Saturday of the month. January is held at Smokey Hill Public Library.
- The next AuthorYOU Circles is slated for this Saturday, January 12th—starting at 8.30 AM and ending at 11.30 (I’ve got an airplane to catch at 2!—heading out to the annual Publishing at Sea conference—hello Caribbean!). Check it out at www.Meetup.com/AuthorYou AND, this is where you register (meaning join—it’s a freebie) to attend.
Beginning in 2019, gatherings will be on the second Saturday of the month. A regular program will pop up on the first Saturday.
AND … don’t miss our first gathering for ALL authors and writers on Saturday January 5th at the Smokey Hill Library—Hot Program—details here—get registered:
At least, that’s what the Author You Community is declaring. We will show you how to create an event that venues will welcome and buzz about and probe into the book award world.
Our Author and Publishing First Saturday will cover two key areas:
Book Awards– what to know; which ones to go for; when to pay; what to do when you are a winner.
Creating non-bookstore events– get ready for ideas galore—from galleries to restaurants to retail stores … yup, even Costco and Sams.
You want to be there— for newbie authors and multi-published ones. It’s a celebration if you and your words. And what to do forward.
Your Presenters are Mara Purl and Judith Briles. Between the two of them, they’ve earned over 50 book awards, published over 45 books, sold over 1,000,000 copies and have created countless celebrations. Get ready for ideas and fun!
Coffee will be brewed and ready.
Date: Saturday, January 5
Time: 9 to NOON and from NOON to 1 … special Rounds with the Pros – delicious choices are available
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! Friday coaching will happen all through December. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for less than a weekly glass of wine; for less than a weekly Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit – Combo at Chick-fil-A; for less than 3 movie tickets! ALERT …we do this on SKYPE … you need to connect with me. Only $27 a month—limited amount of subscribers allowed. Two times: 7 AM and Noon Mountain time. The dress? Totally casual. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Skype This is for any author anywhere!
Register here: http://bit.ly/FridayCoaching
… AND, how’s your week been?
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles invited Stephanie Chandler, CEO of the Nonfiction Authors Association to join her and reveal the steps to become an outrageously successful author . Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 100,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweet for the past weekTweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- #Authors are you pricing your book correctly? #bookmarking #indieauthors pos.li/2av0ev
- An article in the Wall Street Journal describes podcast-to-book successes, “a growing industry niche as publishers seize on the audio medium known for eclectic voices, relatively low production costs and fervent fans.´ #bookmarketing
- this > ift.tt/2STpejl 5 Inspiring Books to Spark Your Creativity #pinitforlater #smm #socialtips
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- The new year is freshly upon us along with our book marketing efforts. Let me take this time to let you in on things NOT to do in 2019 #bookmarketing #bookpromotion #indieauthors #authors #writerslife #newyear #writers amarketingexpert.com/indie-author-b…
- How to Implement Social Listening for Your Business: 4 Tools dlvr.it/QtsDGF
- 5 No Good Reasons Authors Resist Marketing @SmartAuthors goo.gl/FH84Jg via @BadRedheadMedia
- Ingram in Rumored Bid to Buy B&T Retail Arm — I can only hope that this is true–B&T is the pits in paying #authors … ow.ly/kppS30mRvEF
Writers & Writing
- 7 Secrets of Advanced English Writing grammarcheck.net/advanced-engli… via @GrammarUpdates
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Cannibalize Your Stories buff.ly/1nm3A75 @rsmollisonread
- 4 Steps to Starting Your Novel via @KoboWritingLife buff.ly/2SsOb5h #writingtips
Cool things and OMG moments!
Remember … you can listen to over 300+ programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
The Book Shepherd™