Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
The Top Ten Twitter Blog started eight years ago. Today, it will be retired—time for something new. I’ve shared over 4,000 tips during that time with links to more info; how-to; and insights during the time.
Next week, my new weekly Saturday blog will debut, replacing the Twitter one. My promise … it will be:. Short. Insightful. Sometimes inspiration. Sometimes get off your tush push … welcome to: Dr. Judith’s Saturday Blog: Be a Doer … Not a Dreamer.
It’s New Year’s Eve around the world. In my household, it’s a quiet time. We don’t go out. Working in the ER—too many accidents that convinced that there “was nothing like home—stay put” and I have done so since unless I can walk to a neighbor’s home.
Jazzed to learn that the local B&N is ordering in my new book, The Secret Journey co-authored with Brian Barnes. It’s historical fiction with a twist … get yours: bit.ly/TheSecretJourney
Many have asked when I will offer my Amazon Bestseller Campaign four-week workshop. The first dates are set: February 8, 15, 22, March 1. Get registered NOW on my website under the Experiences tab.
Wishing you all a wonderful day and a successful New Year. Please join me next Saturday for the Saturday Blog with dr. Judith … Be a Doer and Not a Dreamer.
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks.” Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $47 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register- http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 550+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 13 Million listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- I dislike labels and self-labels. But this one I wear with pride: I am a “flaneur”! wsj.com/articles/the-e…
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
- Jazzed to learn that @BNColoradoblvd has my new book, The Secret Journey co-authored with Brian Barnes. It’s #historical fiction with a twist … get yours today: bit.ly/TheSecretJourn… #womensfiction #cozy #outlander #caturday
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Self-published authors need to promote on social media, it’s a fact. We put together some great advice to help you promote a book on YouTube (and YouTube Shorts) on the @BookBaby #blog. bit.ly/3HIxH5F
- “Platform Building with Key Words” by @JudithBriles via @mybookshepherd @FrugalBookPromo ow.ly/6RuX50KRBFM #authorplatform #publishing #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess
- Build Yourself Up As A Writer With Positive Language https://blog.bookbaby.com/2022/03/build-yourself-up-as-a-writer-with-positive-language/…
- There are lots of myths-and facts for writers in applying for and obtaining a grant. Podcast solves the puzzle via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles @hopeclark new podcast. bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #publishing #FundsForWriters
- Failure can be your strongest ally in your progression as a writer. You go forth wiser. Learning from mistakes.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #woofwednesday
- Oh .. OH … Bookstore Sales Slipped in October | pwne.ws/3Wpzd0N The #bookstores I’ve been in NOV and DEC are packed! Support them–#authors #Colorado #BN @BNColoradoBlvd @BNSouthlands
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Contest challenges AI to solve legendary literary puzzle Cain’s Jawbone | @guardian pwne.ws/3W9thJt
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 43 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.