Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday and NEW YEAR to you!
Looking forward to the Books Are Awesome in Parker, CO book signing event with several local authors today. If you are in the state, come meet, schmooze, and discover this delightful indie bookstore.
I’m now working on the fourth book in my publishing series for its revision … Snappy Sassy Salty Success has LOTS more quotes added. Fun!
How about you? What are your plans? Any … big … small … what? Let’s hear them
It’s Caturday … and it’s winter. How about grabbing a book that you have had on your table to read … and open it … and fall in? Perfect for a winter weekend.
That’s my past week … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $27 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $37 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- OverDrive: Record Number of Libraries Hit Million Digital Lend Mark | pwne.ws/3riSVgA
- Discover the Power to Re and Repurposing–savvy authors learn quickly that they don’t always have to start over from scratch. Perfect weekend gooser. Blog: https://thebookshepherd.com/author-smarts-the-power-of-re-for-authors/ #authors #JudithBriles #weekend #publishing #authorsuccess #amwriting
- Every author gets stuck. Every author has wanted to say “enough” at some time. Yet … they stick to it and their dream becomes a reality. It’s the Author Happy Dance via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles #authors #writingcommunity #amwriting #JudithBriles
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Keeping your blog fresh and growing is a daunting task. With these new tips, your #smallbusiness blog won’t feel like such a time suck. Read on for more! pegfitzpatrick.com/blog-traffic/
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
- The most important thing that you can do is to build an engaged, trusted audience. #cmworld #marketing
- Don’t Give Up – Seek Inspiration All writers experience writer’s block, rejections, low times, slow times, the trick is… buff.ly/2TMbyMX
- From the WD vault: Flawed characters and antiheroes make for fascinating protagonists—but their behavior can risk alienating readers. Follow this blueprint from a 2018 post for flawed-yet-relatable heroes who can still provoke empathy. #TBT hubs.li/Q0120-9k0
- When you’re in the weeds of the writing process, it’s easy to lose sight of why you started in the first place. Here, author Radhika Sanghani shares her tips on how to love the process of writing your book. hubs.li/Q01262TV0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
[hmmm … so not sure about all this … what about you?] AI Comes to Audiobooks | pwne.ws/3jZJyQe #authors #books #publishing #JudithBriles
Remember … you can listen to over 500+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success:http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK