Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Looking forward to seeing a dozen authors this AM to noodle ideas, answer questions … move them toward author success. It’s the second Saturday, meaning it’s AuthorYOU Salons. Coffee and teas are ready. I’ve got fresh banana-chocolate chip bread out of the oven. All starting at 9 am for the IN-PERSON gathering.
July is usually hot … what ideas do you have in your book marketing … your book marketing oven? It’s time to turn up the heat.
It’s Caturday … we authors and writers all need A team around us. Who is on yours? What do they bring to your author success quotient?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- “Get the skinny on why it’s smart to weed out email lists. Podcast via @AuthorSecrets@JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd @ToginetPodcasts podcast. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #contentmarketing #authors #publishing #podcast #emails
- Ingram to Launch Wholesale Business in U.K. pwne.ws/3uw1sPG
- Bookwire GmbH to launch WAY service for audiobook publishing using TTS tech ed.gr/d5nbx
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- How to avoid coming across as an amateur when setting up a book signing event. Tips on Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @thewonderlady http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #bookmarketing #books #authors #IngramSpark #publishing #selfpub
- There are a variety of ways to gather Amazon Reviews. They should start with the interior of your book before it’s published. youtu.be/UyNuLTyR90Y #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #Amazon #bookpromo #bookreviews #authortips
- A Definitive Power Ranking of the Sexiest Book Covers | @ElectricLit pwne.ws/3I5fOfB
- How my non-writing experience launched my freelance career leading to a lucrative niche. Ow.ly/NyOs50EYDVV #writingtip #pubtip
- The goal is writing is to “keep the flow” –get tips on how to open it up. Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @LynnHellerstein http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #writingcommunity #books #socialmedia #creativity #authors
- SOUND ON for some of the best writing advice you’ll ever receive! 🎉 Editors Michael Woodson and Amy Jones chat with Grace D. Li about writing the perfect heist novel, and listen here to what she does when she’s written herself into a corner! hubs.ly/Q01gh5tC0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Feminist bookstores: The legacy and lessons of a women-led movement | @sfchronicle pwne.ws/3I3BBUQ
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.