Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Ahhh … in the pool at last. I’m taking today OFF and schmoozing with my heart sisters—the pool in the AM, playing cards, watching a movie, and cooking something fun and delicious. Haven’t had a good off day in a long, long time.
Celebrating three of my authors FINISHING their books, getting them loaded to Amazon and IngramSpark plus planning their bestseller campaigns on Amazon. Lots happening this summer.
How about you. What are you celebrating? Planning? Moving forward with. And, thinking about the rest of the year?
July is usually hot … what ideas do you have in your book marketing … your book marketing oven? It’s time to turn up the heat.
It’s Caturday … a reminder to all of us to prioritize our time and energy. Are you?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- If you would like financial support, it’s time to discover Funds for Writers Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @HopeClark new podcast. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #books #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #publishing #FundsForWriters
- Every author needs these two files when the book design is done. Do you have yours? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4PBnt2_dpA #authors #books #publishing
- Self-publishing, indie publishing, and traditional publishing can generated a tsunami of overwhelm and confusion for new authors. Get new book: How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders by @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd to uncover 200 mistakes that most authors—newbies and already published make. #publishing #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #indiepublishing #selfpublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #booktok #business #entrepreneur
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- There are a variety of ways to gather Amazon Reviews. They should start with the interior of your book before it’s published. youtu.be/UyNuLTyR90Y #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #Amazon #bookpromo #bookreviews #authortips
- Speaking is the #1 way to sell books-Get new book: How to Create a Million Dollar Speech by @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd for author success. #publishing #authors #amwriting #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #booktok #speaking #publicspeaking #TedTalk
- The back cover of every book should include a headline to grab the reader and marketing copy to entice them to buy the book via @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd. In this video, she shows authors how to reel and book buyer in with the way the back cover is written. #publishing #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #indiepublishing #selfpublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #booktok #business #entrepreneur #bookcovers #bookdesign
- Author essentials: know who you are writing for—there are two primary readers. One is a person. The other? Google. In this video via @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd, Dr Judith Briles gives tips for authors on how to meet the needs of both their primary reader and for all things SEO. #publishing #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #booktok #business #bookediting #ebooks #SEO #Google
- Blogging feeds the hungry search engines-smart authors make sure that their website includes metadata and a short description for each blog post. And they announce each new one on their social media platforms. #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #writingcommunity #blogging #authortips
- Oh-Oh … Copyright Infringement-Intellectual property is what writing and publishing is all about. Authors need to be protected. Are you? And could you have stepped on another’s rights? #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #writingcommunity #copyright #IP #authortips
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- This is such a hoot—a 6-minute video on the Evolution of Dance … loved it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg #Funnyvideo #dance #Weekend
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.