Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Looking forward to spending the day with 20 authors at all stages of their journey today. It’s Book Publishing Unplugged … then plan for the next Barnes & Noble at Southlands, July 2. If you are in Colorado, drop into the store –10 authors will be there with their books AND BN donates a percentage of store sales to the Aspiring Authors Scholarships.
This past week, I started the process of closing out four of my books on Amazon so that the new books: How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders, How to Create Crowdfunding Success for Authors and Writers, Snappy Sassy Salty Success for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a Million Dollar Speech will become the primary ones to refer authors and writers to. The eBooks are now loaded up as well. Next, move—get Author Central to move the reviews to the new books.
It’s Caturday … what steps are you taking to grow your influence? Starting today. Where are you in pushing out you wisdom?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- There are a variety of ways to gather Amazon Reviews. They should start with the interior of your book before it’s published. youtu.be/UyNuLTyR90Y #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #Amazon #bookpromo #bookreviews #authortips
- Crowdfunding for authors in depth. Attend @JudithBriles Book Publishing Unplugged this month, Early bird rates ends today: Register now! bit.ly/PublishingUnpl… #selfpub #authors #authorsuccess #bookpublishing #ampublishing #amwriting
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Authors: In selling your book, when everything else is equal, your pitch makes the difference. Make it Snappy, Sassy, even Salty #JudithBriles #TheBookShepherd #publishing #amwriting #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #booktok
- 📚 “The best self-promotion is your next book. And the book after that and after that…” — Bella Andre#MondayMotivation
- Nominate Your #ebooks for #Kindle Deals and 8 other KDP features you should take advantage of. bit.ly/3zOZgq0
- “Hello June! What has surfaced from the spring thaw that will add to your writing mix?” #thebookshepherd #bookmarketing #judithbriles #june #author #book
- Why you should avoid writing jokes (unless you are writing a joke book) … Tips on Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @DorothyWilhelm http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #books authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #publishing #humorwriting
- Tutorial: How to use conflict in storytelling: fuff.ly/3lHoX7 #amwriting #writing #authors
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- OMG—there’s a major boo-boo inside your book. New podcast on how to avoid the mistake on page 118. via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles @DorothyWilhelm bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #publishing #writingresearch
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.