Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Today is all about Selling books to my local community. This is the first time I’ve exposed my books as a “bookseller” to the 1400 homes in the community I live in. Plus, I’ll have my new 6-foot tall banner up—will it grab shoppers’ attention? It’s the November Arts Faire.
This week, I kicked off my final Amazon Bestseller Campaign four-week workshop. Wow—did it move fast. I loved the smaller classes when I can truly dive into each participant’s needs with the topic we were working on—hashtags and keywords… and grabbing their ideal ones—emailing them to the next. Last night, my street (80 of us on it), gathered for a monthly potluck at my home. Always fun—food such a variety—and dishes—nominal. I likely.
It’s Caturday … Fall time is at the heart of bookselling. What’s on your calendar? I’ve got three more dates PLUS offering my newly revised How to Create Crowdfunding Success as a free eBook this month. It will be for a full five days beginning November 17. What are you doing to sell your books … to even pre-sell your book?
That’s me for this Saturday—it’s a book-selling day at the annual fall arts fair in my community. Fingers crossed—lots of books will be sold! … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks.” Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $47 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register- http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 550+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 13 Million listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- 3 Mistakes Authors Make 1. Not giving themselves enough runway (time) to market and launch. 2. Not willing to go “all in” themselves. 3. Spending their time doing all of the day-to-day operations which should absolutely be delegated out to someone else. ngngenterprises.com/the-biggest-la…
- Teaching anyone “How To Think and Create Success” Using a 4-step easy method. amazon.com/dp/1977257658 __-
- Wonder no more … the answer is, in two words: AUTHOR PLATFORM. Podcast via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles @danielhall bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #writingcommunity #publishing #podcast #authorplatform
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Consistency is key. So some efforts can, and should, be repeated monthly. Choose a few themes for certain days of the week and keep that going for at least three months so you can get a real feel for how followers are responding and what they tend to engage with most #indieauthor
- 3 Tips To Boost Your Book Sales This Fall blog.bookbaby.com/how-to-self-pu… via @BookBaby Blog #BookMarketing
- “To sell your book, you need eyeballs—specifically the ones who could be potential new readers.” Why Does Digital Book Advertising Matter? blog.bookbaby.com/how-to-promote… via @BookBaby Blog
- Repurposing #content is one of those #contentmarketing #strategies that everyone should be doing! Here are some tips on creating a repurpose strategy, including why you should do it and what content is best for repurposing. bit.ly/38G81HU #smallbizlady #biztips
- Every good story needs a nice (or not so nice) turn or two to keep it interesting. This week, have a character (or characters) deny the objective truth. hubs.li/Q01nGqRV0
- “Writing and becoming an author is work. There is no substitute in the author’s journey.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #Caturday
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
100 People: A World of Portrait https://bit.ly/3E2aKZ9
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 43 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.