Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Prepping for the workbooks for Book Marketing – Social Media Unplugged … love the new cheat sheet I’ve created for participants for social media ideal posting times. It will be fun. Are you coming? https://bit.ly/MarketingSocMediaUnplugged
Today I’m at the Heather Gardens Annual Autumn Fair with a few other authors. Selling books … and shopping as well. And invites are out for the Autumn Author Tea in my home. Come … and bring friends. It’s happening on October 29th.
It’s Caturday … Cutting words, sentences, paragraphs, and sometimes chapters from a manuscript is where “ruthless editing” comes into play. If your words are working, delete them.
That’s me for this Saturday—tomorrow is working with a writing client starting at 8 am and in the afternoon, polishing my fiction book co-written with Brian Barnes—next week, it’s layout time … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks.” Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $47 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register- http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 550+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 13 Million listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- YES! It’s the ultimate book marketing and social media online event via @MyBookShepherd-Dr Judith Briles Book Marketing-Social Media Unplugged in NOV-Start getting results. Info: https://bit.ly/NOVUnplugged. #publishing #selfpub #bookmarketing #authors #books #virtual
- Discovering Your Personal Inspiration thoughtleadersllc.com/2022/09/discov…
- Calling authors and writers …hello October … it’s a new month. What are you noodling for your writing? Your marketing? Would love to hear from you … #authors #amwriting #publishing
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Kids love storybooks and Let the adventure begin! Join the accessible version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz for blind and deaf children @IVideoBooks. Join me at https://bit.ly/WizardCampaign -tax deductible #SpecialEducation #Teachers #Parents #ASL #Blind #WizardofOz
- What’s more important for your marketing mix: Branding or Performance? (1,610 respondents) 21% focus on brand for long-term benefits 34% marketing spend easier to justify because measure performance @Marketingweek #branding #marketing #digitalmarketing #performancemarketing
- TikTok is one of the hotter social media platforms, but it’s more than just BookTok. Author C. Hope Clark shares how freelance writers are using TikTok to find success. hubs.li/Q01nyZK70
- “Even the most prolific authors toss a lot of what they write away.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #Meowmonday
- The Delicate Art of Translating Children’s Literature | @scroll_in pwne.ws/3y3fKsM
- One way to make an impact on your readers is to invite them into the room with you. Bring them in close by crafting scenes fueled by sensory language. Find out how “Sensory Language Makes Your Writing Come Alive” on the @BookBaby #blog. bit.ly/3RgxJTx
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Holy Moly … what a find! A College Student Bought an Illuminated Manuscript Page for $75 After Realizing It Was From a 700-Year-Old Prayer Book He’d Studied in Class | @artnet pwne.ws/3Rq3DNi #authors #writingcommunity #garagesales
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.