Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Ahhh … the official last long weekend of summer—although FALL doesn’t kick in on the calendar until the 22nd of this month.
John has another big birthday today … I’m writing with clients, planning the wonderful lunch event for the Aspiring Author event on September 16th—yesterday was table centerpiece day. Last night, 50+ of my neighbors were over for our monthly potluck … and tomorrow, a few close friends will drop in for a deck lunch to celebrate John.
For me, I broke out several decks of cards Tuesday night in my living room… and 16 friends gathered to play pinochle. Most were experienced … I was a complete newbie to the game, putting my toe into the card world waters. Loved the fun … the last Tuesday is now posted on my calendar—it’s Pinochle Night in the Hood!
And … I plan on finishing the conference room and guest bedroom redo before Monday ends.
It’s Caturday … Are the words you are using within a story as interesting as watching grass grow … or do they have a flow that creates the emotional pop readers desire?
That’s me for this Saturday … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Calling all authors … do you want to claim #1 on Amazon for multiple days? Online course to claim mega #1 spots via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles. Limited spots in SEPT. bit.ly/BookShepAMZ #authors #publishing #selfpub #writingcommunity #weekend #books #bookmarketing
- All speakers should have a website. On it is a dedicated Speaking Tab. Do you have one? Podcast via @JudithBriles@MyBookShepherd is peppered with tips for authors. bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #nsaspeaker #publishing #Speaking #websites
- Authors are birthed at all ages. Don’t let yours hold your back. ow.ly/FE0i50KwyNK #amwriting #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #booktok #authorsuccess #authors @FrugalBookPromo
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Twitter really is about to let people edit their tweets bit.ly/3AG3xuI
- Never underestimate the power of snail mail in book marketing and speaking awareness. Postcards that are eye-catching have staying power. ow.ly/fzXg50KxJnT #authors #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #bookselling #speaking #authorsuccess
- Social media tip: Always prioritize quality over quantity. Rather than releasing six pieces of mediocre material each week, focus on releasing three pieces of exceptional content instead. Stand out from the crowd and make your content memorable. #socialmediatips #marketingexpert
- Can anyone start a blog? Absolutely! Getting set up is much easier than you think. pegfitzpatrick.com/start-idea-wit…
- “Writing and becoming an author is work. There is no substitute in the author’s journey.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #woofwednesday
- “For my part, I know that the sight, the sound, the smell of water enhances my creativity.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #woofwednesday
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- This is such a hoot—a 6-minute video on the Evolution of Dance … loved it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg #Funnyvideo #dance #Weekend
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.