Good Authoring Day to YOU
Happy Saturday to you …
September is always a month of change. From the weather—and what a doozy this past week when hurricane Ida slammed through Louisiana, creating the pummeling rains on New York, New Jersey and surrounding areas. The damage is stunning. Be incredibly thankful if you weren’t in the path … and reach out to those you know who are and check in with them. See what your can to do support … encourage … help.
Looking forward to a series of “Soirees” I have at my home over the next three Sundays as summer exits and fall falls in. Potlucks and Conversation … nice way to end the weekend … and think forward to the coming week.
And its #Caturday post time. If you remember the WHO you are writing for … it’s never “everyone” … it’s the “someones” who love your genre … or are familiar with your work already … that’s the sweet spot for any author.
I love the changing morning sunrise skies that I’m treated to during this time of the year. With my mug of hot tea, enjoying the tweets and chatter of the finches that start early; hearing the owls hoot back and forth … my day begins.
And thinking—sometimes about client’s books; Sometimes about “My next” book—The Author’s Walk—I’m writing … maybe creating a marketing challenge for authors … how about you? Sometimes about marketing and strategies. What’s not to like? It’s time for the #Twitter weekend update!
That’s my past week … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get
Friday Coaching for less than a weekly glass of wine; for less than a weekly Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit – Combo at Chick-fil-A; for less than 3 movie tickets! ALERT …we do this on Zoom … you need to connect with me. Only $27 a month—limited amount of subscribers allowed. We gather via Zoom at 7 AM. The dress? Totally casual. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. This is for any author anywhere!
Register here: http://bit.ly/FridayCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights for building on your media power. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time:
Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles via http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 8 million downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 8,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweet for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Publishing Sales Jump 18.1% in First Six Months of 2021 | bit.ly/3ybrEOv
- Writers On The Move: Everything You Need to Know About Why Getting Great Reviews Is Your Job by Marketing Expert Carolyn Howard Johnson (@FrugalBookPromo) at: ow.ly/eLk950FoBlS #bookmarketing #pubtip
- Legible Launches Browser-Based Reading and Publishing Platform pwne.ws/35oYW0K
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Looking to improve your #blogger reputation and increase reach? Consider sharing your expertise as a guest. Check out these tips on #guestblogging and how to seal the deal (almost) every time! heidicohen.com/guest-blogging… #bloggerlife #marketingexperts #heidicohen #guestblog
- Thinking of doing a book promo? Discover #AuthorforAuthors #bookdisplay Valerie Allen Announces November Book Sales Opps for Writers Everywhere! dlvr.it/S6TdG6 #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #authors
- PROMOTE your book and share the links where your potential readers can get a copy of your book online on http://eBookLingo.com for FREE no need to sell your book on our platform you can now just PROMOTE your book, sign up today for FREE. #bookpromotion #book #WritingCommunity
Writers & Writing
- Every writer needs a little inspiration once in a while. For today’s prompt, let’s dive into the abstract! #WDprompts hubs.li/H0WlXXs0
- Every good story needs a nice (or not so nice) turn or two to keep it interesting. This week, put your characters on the run. #WDprompts hubs.li/H0W59zg0
- There is nothing simple about writing. It’s hard work. #JudithBriles #authorsuccess #authors #writings #creativewriting #writingprompts #writinglife #author #publishing #writerscommunity #indieauthor #amwriting #writers #write #quotes #books #inspiration
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- 10 Bibliomemoirs About the Life-Altering Power of Reading | @BookRiot pwne.ws/3kKVCUW
Remember … you can listen to over 300+ programs that AuthorYOU Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK