Author Checklist to Optimize
Social Media CTAs
No matter what you are sending out or posting in blogs, articles, newsletters … whatever, do you have a CTA with it … a call to action? It could be to buy something; to do an activity or exercise; to watch or read something that is connected with the theme of your post, or just to take a few minutes and enjoy.
Here are three why you should include a social media call-to-action going forward?
- A CTA ties social media activity to your business or marketing objectives.
- A CTA drives participants into your conversion process.
- A CTA enables you to measure social media effectiveness.
To enhance what you post out, below are eleven tips to optimize your posted words.
- Make your request clear and succinct.
- Show your offer’s value … it’s a WIIFT (what’s in it for them) attitude.
- Create a sense of urgency. Use time frames that the offer is live.
- Customize your call-to-action to be significant.
- Include social proof. Kudos and results from buyers or participants.
- Keep your CTA visible continuously.
- Use color to make your offer and post POP.
- Utilize graphics including photographs and art to catch participants’ interest.
- Incorporate visual cues.
- Prioritize your CTAs. They don’t need to be at the end of a post—sprinkle them
- Continue your social media branding on all posts and update old posts.
To get you into the CTA mood, my CTA call is to create a few for the most recent post you have created. Review it, then write up three.
Create THREE CTAs
Once you get in the habit of creating a siren call to your followers, you will find your overall engagement increasing. It’s a good thing.
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.