Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
How can it already by July? It is, which means I need to apply heavy-duty discipline for officially blocking time on my calendar for me … ME. I need to deep dive into the writing of The Author’s Walk—three chapters are done. What I need is some away time for a few days. Since I can’t leave the house with John needing extra care … I will leave my mentoring space for a few days. Marking room within my home that no one can cross over. Stocking it with “my stuff” that inspires me. Gooses my imagination. A few nibbles. Oh … and of course, peach iced tea.
Looking forward to spending today with 10 authors at Barnes & Noble at the Southlands Mall. COME—support the store—authors—and have fun with us. And huge thanks to BN—it donates a percentage of store sales to the Aspiring Authors Scholarships that will be announced in September.
It’s Caturday … we authors and writers all need inspiration. Where does yours come from? Nourish it. Celebrate it. Hold it close.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- “Goodbye June, Hello July! It’s time to celebrate your author and book success. What has sizzled? Shout it out!” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #amwriting
- This weekend- get awesome personally signed book gifts from CO authors at BN Southlands Mall from 9-5 SAT…the perfect summer reads. Creating author scholarships in 2022. @BnSouthlands @COGreatAuthors@JudithBriles #Colorado #books #gifts #weekend #auroracolorado
- Why you NEVER want to approach a bookstore with copies of your book printed by KDP. Tips on Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @thewonderlady http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #bookmarketing #books #authors #IngramSpark #publishing #selfpub
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Author Essential Steps to build your email list. Podcast via @AuthorSecrets@JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd @ToginetPodcasts podcast. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #contentmarketing #authors #publishing #podcast #emails
- Author strategies using social media to bring mega thousands of eyes to posts pronto. Podcast via @JudithBriles @MyBookShepherd @ToginetPodcasts: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #selfpubtips #podcast
- Completing a book takes a lot of effort. Selling it is even harder. While you know about the mechanics of writing, you may not be a book marketing expert — so how will you get the word out about your book? Grab some ideas on our blog. bit.ly/3n19kEK
- Why You Should Add A Contents Page As You Write ed.gr/d3q7i #bookpublishing #author #writing #book #writer #judithbriles #thebookshepherd
- Tips on removing blocks that most authors encounter and expanding creativity on Podcast via @MyBookShepherd @JudithBriles @LynnHellerstein http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast #writingcommunity #books #socialmedia #creativity #authors
- Find 6 lessons learned from Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro, that writers can apply to their own writing. If you haven’t read the novel yet, we do talk about the plot and reveal things about the story. #TBT hubs.li/Q01fThZD0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Herman Melville, isolated in an old farmhouse in Pittsfield, had the company of a dog | @nybooks pwne.ws/3OIVv9U
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.