Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
This past week was loaded with projects to close including two crowdfunding projects I’ve supported and overfunded and the Authors’ Hall of Fame Aspiring Authors Scholarships submissions. Next up is summer … Unpluggeds … and writing The Author’s Walk.
Today, I’ll be doing a program for the AuthorU community for Firehose Marketing. Hope to see you.
Planning my LIVE for Book Publishing Unplugged … let’s get on board… it’s happening in June. Be there. Are you?
AND … get registered NOW for my Book Publishing Unplugged next month. The ONLINE version is Friday, June 24th starting at 9 am. The IN-PERSON held in Denver is on Saturday, June 25th. It’s Early Bird time … don’t be a Tardy Bird and pay extra. For the Wise Bird … it’s a be there time. Register here: https://thebookshepherd.com/judith-briles-book-publishing-unplugged/
It’s Caturday … how’s your Book Marketing doing? Today I’ll be looking at and talking some of the latest to support author success.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- “Author Confidence comes from consistency: in your writing; in knowing who your reader is and delivering what they want; and in having no regrets with what you publish. ” #thebookshepherd #book #author #writing #judithbriles #publishing #amwriting #bookmarketing
- Children’s authors are gathering for a free virtual panel in support of teachers, “Words Can Help Heal: Helping You and Students Through Trauma,” tonight at 8 p.m. ET pw-ne.ws/fd204
- Experience can be the best teacher. Having someone share what they learned during that experience, even better! Find out the “9 Things I Wish I Knew Before Self-Publishing My Book” on the @BookBaby blog. bit.ly/3PUYcq2
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Social media is a daunting albeit important aspect of promoting our work. Here, author Aileen Weintraub offers six steps to promote your book on social media authentically. hubs.li/Q01bD50p0
- Just what l’m talking about, @DancingLemurPre @GabrielConstans ! Twitter can be all about #SharingwithWriters! Forget the snark and make it work! 😊📚🖊
- NEW BLOG: “When You Speak … Does It Create a Tell Me More Response?” When I ask an author about their book, I … do … not … want … its … history. read more… ow.ly/BaMa30sl0sI #judithbriles #publishing #book #writing #writer #bookboost #amwriting #speaking #author
- Carving out blocks of time to write has many benefits. One is helping you avoid getting stuck in a pattern of thinking about #writing all the time (its own kind of prison). When do you do your best work?
- Writers’ conferences can make you aware of how much you don’t know, how much you need to know, and expose you to things you need to succeed |
- Why You Should Add A Contents Page As You Write ed.gr/d3q7i
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Memorial Day Poems curated by @POETSorg: Browse classic and contemporary poems, including several written by poets who died in service to their countries | poets.org/memorial-day-p… #MemorialDay
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.