Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Woot … Snappy Sassy Salty Success for Authors and Writers is now loaded into Amazon and IngramSpark. Then, it’s the takedown of everything OLD. A task, indeed. Lots to do… get Author Central into the act. Move old reviews over. And add the “redirect” widget for Amazon from the old to the new. Lots to do, for sure…
TODAY, is the AuthorYOU Salons … Both ONLINE at 7 am MT and IN-PERSON starting at 9 in my home. You must be a paid member of the AuthorU.org community to participate. Tis like having your own Advisory Board … just saying.
AND … get registered NOW for my Book Publishing Unplugged next month. The ONLINE version is Friday, June 24th starting at 9 am. The IN-PERSON held in Denver is on Saturday, June 25th. It’s Early Bird time … don’t be a Tardy Bird and pay extra. For the Wise Bird … it’s a be there time.
It’s Caturday … all of us need “quiet time” – a time to think, imagine, play with words. The words you use will be placed in the imagination of your readers. And by you.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- 99% of DIY book covers look like they are DIY created. And when they do, book sales dive. Tip via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd is to get a professional book designer on the author’s team. youtu.be/aqfxpGGaOj8 #publishing #author #selfpublishing #bookcovers #bookdesign
- Discover why ASPIRE with Derek Doepker paves the way for your influence building and author success. Podcast via @AuthorSecrets@JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @ToginetPodcasts podcast. bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #podcast
- Authors want to know what moves the needle to success—mass success. Podcast via @AuthorSecrets@JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @ToginetPodcasts podcast. bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #podcast
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Want to learn tips and tricks to build a list of engaged fans who actually open and read your emails? Bet you do. New challenge starts today—discover it pronto: bit.ly/eMailPower #authorsucess #derekdoepker #bookmarketing #authors #selfpub
- Book buyers read back covers. Smart authors know to write marketing copy plus create a snappy headline to pull the reader in. Tips via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd. youtu.be/gNs1xBSsouk #publishing #authors #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #bookcovers #bookdesign
- Book buyers read back covers. Smart authors know to write marketing copy plus create a snappy headline to pull the reader in. Tips via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd. youtu.be/gNs1xBSsouk #publishing #authors #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #bookcovers #bookdesign #JudithBriles #socialmedia #digitalmarketing http://ow.ly/Fu0T50ITQhZ
- Writing is like vomiting … just let the words and ideas burst up and out. Rinse them off with your rewrites, then edit. You’ll feel better in the morning. #JudithBriles #TheBookShepherd #publishing #authors #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #bookmarketing #booktok #business
- Mrs. Russell was my 4th-grade teacher. She drilled into her kids to avoid the words “always” and “never” … words that we would most likely regret using. I never forget her wisdom. Here’s to the great teachers: it’s National Teachers Day. #JudithBriles #TeachersDay
- Is email writing a drag? Want to add zip that will get others to open yours? Bet you do. New challenge starts today—discover it pronto: bit.ly/eMailPower #authorsucess #derekdoepker #bookmarketing #authors #selfpub
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Teens Fight for the Right to Read with ‘Banned Book Clubs’ and Lawsuits | @washingtonpost pwne.ws/3kxYqFi
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.