Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Gads .. the wild weather of Colorado is in full display. Temps dropped 50+ degrees. Snowing today. Yesterday, I hustle to move hanging plants into the shelter. I dread what the cold weather will do to my flowering trees. Sigh.
Woot … my four new books are now in the “eBook” morph world. All will be up soon on KDP … and they the final stop via Author Central. The deletion of the old and the linking/merging of the new.
The early bird is LIVE for Book Publishing Unplugged … let’s get on board… it’s happening in June.
AND … get registered NOW for my Book Publishing Unplugged next month. The ONLINE version is Friday, June 24th starting at 9 am. The IN-PERSON held in Denver is on Saturday, June 25th. It’s Early Bird time … don’t be a Tardy Bird and pay extra. For the Wise Bird … it’s a be there time. Register here: https://thebookshepherd.com/judith-briles-book-publishing-unplugged/
It’s Caturday … what are your goals this summer. Writing? Marketing? Research? Or just chilling?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Why you should have cyber insurance to protect you and your website. Podcast @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @WebStoresLtd @ToginetPodcasts: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #selfpubtips #podcast #websites
- Hey authors, how’s your branding going? Are you findable? Do you have a presence? How about a tagline? It’s spring –think branding and rebranding. Tips via @Sociamediamarketing ow.ly/2egY50ITPQT #authors #authorsuccess #indieauthor #bookmarketing
- Going from writer to published author requires a series of accomplishments — so what does it really take? Find out in “Reaching THE END Of Your Story” on the @BookBaby
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Woot … loved the interview I did in Dallas with the awesome Dallas Geeks. All about speaking and selling books-watch: Just completed an interview with the Dallas Geeks! https://www.dallasgeekofficial.com/home/spotlight-sunday-judith-briles
- Great article written for #TheNewBookReview blog, TWITTER TALK will take you step by step through how to get started with Twitter while taking away some of your jitters. @FrugalBookPromo, @wiseowlfacory ow.ly/snJR30sg48j
- Are you on Instagram? Thinking about it? Here are some tips that will add to your marketing toolbox via @socialmedaimarketing. https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/3-instagram-ads-reports-that-simplify-your-marketing/ #bookmarketing @istatips #authors #Instaauthors #JudithBriles
- Fiction author tip for blogs and website: Interview your characters. Podcast ahas via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @ToginetPodcasts @PublicityHound: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #PR #podcast #indieauthors #books #fiction
- “Goal-setting is a tool and, like any other tool, it is useless if used incorrectly. Follow these tips to make sure your author goals are worthwhile.” 💡Learn more ➡️ selfpub.is/3Ngyo5Q #amwriting #author #indieauthor #writerscommunity #writernetwork #writingtips #goal
- In this post from 2019, author Sadie Hoagland shares 5 things to consider when writing difficult topics and how to write about grief, including how to handle honesty, trauma, and abstraction. #TBT hubs.ly/Q01bDkCl0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
oh-Oh Print Book Sales Fell 6% Last Week pwne.ws/3wtHCWN
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.