Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
It’s SPRING … and OH YES … Monday we work up to the white stuff coming down like cotton balls … SNOW!
Looking forward to today’s AuthorU workshop TODAY … it’s all about creating contests that are fun … and get results.
Next week is the AuthorYOU Salons and for me, getting my last NEW book in the “Re” series … Snappy Sassy Salty Success quotes for authors and writers loaded into Amazon and Ingram. Then, it’s the take-down of everything OLD. A task, indeed.
AND … get registered NOW for my Book Publishing Unplugged next month. The ONLINE version is Friday, June 24th starting at 9 am. The IN-PERSON held in Denver is for Saturday, June 25th. It’s Early Bird time … don’t be a Tardy Bird and pay extra. For the Wise Bird … it’s a be there time. Register here: https://thebookshepherd.com/judith-briles-book-publishing-unplugged/
It’s Caturday … an important topic for all others to face and talk about … vulnerability. The words you use are felt by your readers. And by you. Some will love you … and some will give you the stink eye. Move on.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- A yes project to support: Chris Veasey’s–aka Idaho Bones– Uncivilized: An Appalachian Trail Tale. Loaded with humor, adventure, and thrills -fab guy read-he was lost, got found … ow.ly/uhZg50IXpNW #kickstarter #books #adventure
- Daily mantra: I tell the truth about who I am and what I need from others.
- HOT on Kickstarter the first day -if you believe in the power of words and the power of children being able to read-a Kickstarter project to support– I have … join me: https://t.co/AYC6sUAObH @IVideobooks #winniethepooh #kidlit #authors #Kickstarter https://t.co/9ovfYvx9yT
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- According to @pewresearch , #Printbooks continue to be more #popular than #ebooks . Are books part of your #marketingplan? How book marketing can actually improve your #contentmarketing results: bit.ly/3C5Dldo
- Hey authors, how’s your branding going? Are you findable? Do you have a presence? How about a tagline? It’s spring –think branding and rebranding. Tips via @Sociamediamarketing https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/social-media-rebranding-in-6-easy-steps/ #authors #authorsuccess #indieauthor #bookmarketing
- Get the inside scoop on social media trends via @GWI complete with commentary and charts. #JudithBriles #socialmedia #digitalmarketing http://ow.ly/Fu0T50ITQhZ
- In her column, City Is Our Writing Teacher, Mary Rakow shows writers how to look for and enjoy moments of simplicity and moments of extravagance. buff.ly/3kGVFkU #sfwc2022 #writingcommunity #amwriting #writersconference #writingblog #publishing #writingmagic #writingtips
- Glean practical insight about screenwriting contracts, collaboration agreements, non-disclosures, and more! hubs.li/Q019kj3T0
- Every writer needs a little inspiration once in a while. For today’s prompt, your characters are trapped in a car together. hubs.li/Q019rBww0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Oh my … it’s #WoofWednesday … authors and dogs … kinda go together like peanut butter and jelly. https://lithub.com/12-famous-authors-at-work-with-their-dogs/ #dogs #pets #authors #writinginspiration #writing community
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+
podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.