What are your author and publishing expectations as this year enters its final phase? Have you thought about them? Have you written them down? Start a new habit for you and your book to close out the year with success as you wrap up the final months of the year.
Don’t wait until January 1 … the month that resolutions are created, chewed on, and usually spit out. Either they don’t work. They are rejected. Or it’s easier to do the same thing you’ve always been doing. Change it.
How about something different? Such as:
- Launching a series and a writing career.
- Having true best-seller potential.
- Revising and repurposing a limp book and relaunching a “new baby.”
- Revamping your branding and business look.
- Creating a live event to connect face-to-face with your fans.
- Creating an online event to reach across the cyber skies.
- Delivering a series of webinars to provide useful information.
- New swag to goose up you and your book … or your consulting or other services and programs you provide.
- Generating a way to become newsworthy.
- Producing a “consistency” plan to build followers, connect and engage them.
Yup, this is the perfect time to think about renewal … ahead of the crowd. That way, you re-energize YOU, your BOOK, and your THOUGHTS about going forward. The result: the year ends on the plus side in so many ways.
So … dear authors … What are you going to do to move it from a so-so to OMG … why didn’t I do this before?
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Success for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a Million Dollar Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.