Description of Offering:
• All teaching methods will be lecture, self-survey, interactive format
• Dr. Judith Briles will be the sole presenter for each offering
• Time frames are estimates only—there is no post-testing
• 45 minutes
Every workplace has its fill of Conflict Creators, Staboteurs™ in the Midst, and Red Ink Behaviorists who are waiting for the retirement bell (even if it’s five years away). The effect is that huge amounts of money are lost in productivity, turnover related costs and patient safety factors. Based on 9 national studies released in Zapping Conflict in the Health Care Workplace, The Briles Report on Women in Health Care, Woman to Woman: From Sabotage to Support and the forthcoming book, Stabotage! How to Deal with the Pit Bulls, Skunks, Snakes, Scorpions & Slugs in the Health Care Workplace.
• Define conflict, sabotage, stabotage™ and red ink behaviors in the workplace;
• Describe unique factors in the workplace;
• Identify latest survey results on abusive behavior in the workplace;
• Identify key factors that contribute to conflict in the workplace;
• Determine conflict management style; and
• Reveal and use the CarefrontingScript™ Dialogue
Participants will learn how to effectively deal with the bad boys and girls of the workplace.