Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you! This afternoon, I look forward to authors gathering on my deck for an old fashion BBQ, Fingers crossed that the maybe rain to come will take a rain check and come later in the night. And today, my new office is getting its final touches. The continuation of the “repurpose”—a total redo … location, look, comfort. Loving it.
Two of my authors are leading into the third day of the Amazon campaigns. Gathering lots of #1s. Danita Johnson’s The Women’s Little Purple Book for Leadership and JoAnne Wagner’s Sir Pigglesworth Pinonia – a perfect adventure for kiddos. Join in and grade their eBooks before today ends.
Do your kids love to laugh? Want a book your kids ages 6-10 will love to read? SNAG your FREE eBook TODAY via @AuthorJ_Wagner—Book 4 of the Sir Pigglesworth series https://amzn.to/3bMhVJpFor Women … Leadership Is Never a One-Size-Fits-All Role. It’s time to grab @DrDanitaJohnson new book The Women’s Little Purple Book for Leadership. Free eBook TODAY. https://amzn.to/3CccQ86
That’s me for this Saturday … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Don’t keep yourself small because you’re afraid of failure. Stay persistent—and not just about getting published; it’s about the bigger picture of what happens after your book comes out.
- Over the last decade, the publishing industry has undergone tremendous evolution. Jane Friedman discusses everything you need to know about how publishing works to help you understand the pros and cons of every publishing path available! Enroll here: hubs.ly/Q01hGP9s0
- 8 little-known things you can check out from L.A. libraries (that aren’t books) | @latimes pwne.ws/3PCJz9v
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Do you have a passion or idea that you keep thinking about? Blogging can help you learn and grow your thought leadership as well as build a brand around your idea. pegfitzpatrick.com/start-idea-wit…
- Your Publishing Timeline For Holiday Book Sales blog.bookbaby.com/how-to-promote… via @BookBaby Blog
- Marketing tip: Create content that people:
• learn from
• want to share
• get value from
• feel drawn into And you’ll have an unstoppable brand.
- Authors write better when they are surrounded by items and elements that enhance their creativity and output. What are yours? @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @FrugalBookPromo. ow.ly/WT8n50KmLfb
- Writers rarely produce perfect first drafts that are ready to publish. Even famous authors join writing workshops to polish their prose. So, “Is A Writing Workshop Right For You?” Find out on the @BookBaby #blog. bit.ly/3bXum5o
- No matter how experienced you are, you’re bound to hit a spot where your characters don’t know where to go next. In this all-new collection of Plot Twist Prompts for Writers, you’ll find 40 writing prompts to help take your story in a new direction. hubs.li/Q01k8TQT0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Margot Atwell of Feminist Press: The PRH Trial Has Revealed a Barely Hidden Scorn for Independent Publishers | @lithub pwne.ws/3QzUXnV
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.