Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday and NEW YEAR to you!
Today is the first day for the Publishing at Sea adventure. Joining me are 25 mateys … and I’m so glad to be in the sun for eight days. And for me, it means no snow shoveling this week. A very good thing.
Next year … join us. It’s a western Caribbean week starting January 21, 2023.
It’s Caturday … and in the wintertime, it’s a good strategy for authors to noodle what they really care about. Does it come through in the writing? How about in any interviews done? What about projects going forward? Even if someone encourages you to write on a topic, ask the question: do I care about this? You should.
That’s my past week … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $27 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $37 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
- Author smarts: the essentials are that every crowdfunding campaign needs to succeed-Podcast via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #Amazon #bestseller #authors #books #publishing #selfpub #JudithBriles #podcast #crowdfunding
- Why Do Resolutions Fail? 5 Ways to Invite Positive and Lasting Change bit.ly/3zBBEmN
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- How to Get Great Book Reviews Frugally and Ethically by @FrugalBookPromo 📚 ebooklingo.com/book/815/how-t… #BookBoost #WritingCommunity #BookPromo #BookPlug #BookLover #BookBuzz
- If you’re a brand, business or creator looking to succeed on social media in 2022, you need to be harnessing the power of Reels and TikTok videos. plannthat.com/instagram-reel…
- Author success doesn’t happen if you choose to be in the “wait pattern” of living and book marketing. It happens with a plan. What’s yours? #authorsuccess #authors #Bookmarketing #pubtips #JudithBriles
- If you want to get good at writing write a lot. If you don’t. you won’t.
- If you think have a book in you … many will encourage you: It’s time to get it out! Maybe, maybe not. Before you starting writing, ask self: Am I committed to support it … with my time, my energy, and my money? If it’s a No, take a pass.
- Discover the Power to Re and Repurposing–savvy authors learn quickly that they don’t always have to start over from scratch. Perfect weekend gooser. Blog: https://thebookshepherd.com/author-smarts-the-power-of-re-for-authors/ #authors #JudithBriles #weekend #publishing #authorsuccess #amwriting
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
hmmm … so not sure about all this … what about you?] AI Comes to Audiobooks | pwne.ws/3jZJyQe #authors #books #publishing #JudithBriles
Remember … you can listen to over 500+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success:http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK