Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
On Wednesday, several members of the Friendly Friday Author Coaching group gathered at my home for a schmoozing and eating evening. Fun to see so many in-person vs our regular Zoom platform. Lots of laughter and stories wove throughout my deck.
Today, many of the authors from the AuthorYOU community gather at the Colorado Blvd. Barnes & Noble store for an all-day Book Fair that supports the author scholarships to be awarded in September.
And Sunday … will be my day to put together the workbook for the Book Publishing Unplugged that will be held next Saturday.
Planning my LIVE for Book Publishing Unplugged … let’s get on board… it’s happening soon and a combo of online and in-person. Are you there, too?
It’s Caturday … have you mastered the 4 Cs to author success: clarity of who you are writing for and the use of your words; confidence—the belief in yourself and what your write; competence in your publishing; and a commitment to support your work?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
It’s Caturday … have you mastered the perfect pitch for you and your book? This is a good time to work on yours and put it into action.
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- How my non-writing experience launched my freelance career leading to a lucrative niche. Ow.ly/NyOs50EYDVV #writingtip #pubtip
- “Author Confidence is like an elevator ride—usually one floor at a time; then a delay; and then to your delight, several floors are bypassed. You can do this.” #thebookshepherd #publishing #writing #judithbriles #book #writer #author #bookmarketing #amwriting
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Are you promoting your events via PR … press releases, and social media, using the hashtags and tags of event sites, sponsors, and types? youtu.be/9TI6YAGbEKo #authors #books #publishing #bookmarketing #authorsuccess #PR #bookpromo #authortips
- NEW Blog: “Write a Press Release that Gets Attention and POPs” Publicity for authors, PR for authors, Press Releases, book marketing, read more… ow.ly/blwH30slxmM #thebookshepherd #judithbriles #PR #bookmarketing #publishing #author #book #writing #selfpub #pressrelease
- Infographic: street teams vs Superfans and how to boost your book publicity: ow.ly/sJxu50JuBW5 #bookmarketing
- Is your character’s fear of commitment getting in the way of a romance? Find out how this can be shown through behavior & get great ideas for your plot and arc, too! Fear Thesaurus Entry: Relational Commitment – WRITERS HELPING WRITERS® https://buff.ly/3mJPTQC #writing #romance
- Instead of trying to build character voice from the outside in, get under the character’s skin by revealing how they experience and interpret the story world from the inside out.” @LisaPoissohttps://bit.ly/3NrdqSn @AngelaAckerman
- Hey writers- + authors- Discover The Conflict Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Obstacles, Adversaries, and Inner Struggles via @AngelaAckerman? Challenge your characters, raise stakes & generate tension: https://t.co/hDSk45CZ7u #writing #amwriting
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- How cool is this—Rita Collins retired, then refired her dreams creating the Amazing Traveling Bookstore. So far, 30 states and counting. http://ow.ly/cWEn50JqYp7 #bookstores #books #sellingbooks
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.