Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
It’s tick-tock time. Do you know anyone who wants to be a successful author? Who is unpublished? Could that be you? There is a VERY HOT scholarship for Colorado residents who want to write a book and be successful authors. Details for the Aspiring Authors scholarship are here: https://bit.ly/AuthorScholarship The window closes this Wednesday.
Finally, the tomato plants are in. Veggies and herbs planted. All my flowerpots were planted and either hung or settled in their garden spot. And now, Melvin the Gnome has joined Marvin the Moose in my gardens. Life goes on.
The early bird is LIVE for Book Publishing Unplugged … let’s get on board… it’s happening in June. Be there.
AND … get registered NOW for my Book Publishing Unplugged next month. The ONLINE version is Friday, June 24th starting at 9 am. The IN-PERSON held in Denver is on Saturday, June 25th. It’s Early Bird time … don’t be a Tardy Bird and pay extra. For the Wise Bird … it’s a be there time. Register here: https://thebookshepherd.com/judith-briles-book-publishing-unplugged/
It’s Caturday … how’s your Book Marketing doing?
That’s me for this Saturday … how about you … what are you up to?
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 9,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- According to @pewresearch , #Printbooks continue to be more #popular than #ebooks . Are books part of your #marketingplan? How book marketing can actually improve your #contentmarketing results: bit.ly/3C5Dldo
- Many think self-published books are mediocre compared to their traditionally published counterparts. Below, I discuss four main reasons for this belief and how #indieauthors can battle this reputation. ed.gr/d0mz5
- We’ve got you covered with some great FREE books to read and review, whether for a Teen, Kid or one simply young at heart.. @FrugalBookPromo @WiseOwlFactory ow.ly/KBm530sg49L
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Tip for authors to get more punch with readers and social media: hook your book to a holiday. Podcast via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @ToginetPodcasts @PublicityHound: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #PR #podcast #indieauthors #books
- Some suggestions for getting your #selfpublished book into bookstores! Act now as the #summerreading season is upon us! bit.ly/3LyaX6C
- Actionable Marketing Tip: Ask which products can you use to entice ppl into your biz to get foot traffic that, in turn, gets them to buy other products? @panerabread does a great job with this. Here are 25 tactics to help overcome bad location challenges heidicohen.com/bad-small-busi…
- Fiction author tip for blogs and website: Interview your characters. Podcast ahas via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @ToginetPodcasts @PublicityHound: bit.ly/BookPublishing… #bookmarketing #authors #publishing #PR #podcast #indieauthors #books #fiction
- “Goal-setting is a tool and, like any other tool, it is useless if used incorrectly. Follow these tips to make sure your author goals are worthwhile.” 💡Learn more ➡️ selfpub.is/3Ngyo5Q #amwriting #author #indieauthor #writerscommunity #writernetwork #writingtips #goal
- In this post from 2019, author Sadie Hoagland shares 5 things to consider when writing difficult topics and how to write about grief, including how to handle honesty, trauma, and abstraction. #TBT hubs.ly/Q01bDkCl0
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Cluttercore: What’s really behind Gen Z’s revolt against minimalism? bit.ly/3lkbE9b
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 37 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.