Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Today is all about book marketing and fine-tuning the author’s social media outreach and strategies in my Book Marketing & Social Media Unplugged—all day online.
It was with a deep sense of gratitude that The Secret Journey was handed over for layout this past week—a year of writing and rewrites and “done” was finally declared.
Plus the close out of the Publishing at Sea January event. Lot’s happening.
It’s Caturday … Fall time is at the heart of bookselling. What are your plans?
That’s me for this Saturday—tomorrow is working with a writing client stating at 8 am and in the afternoon, polishing my fiction book co-written with Brian Barnes—next week, it’s layout time … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks.” Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $47 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register- http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 550+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 13 Million listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- Calling all authors-to-be. You must apply for the LCCN before you publish your book. Get free download of steps and links here via @mybookshepherd. thebookshepherd.com #getpublished #indieauthors #indiepublishing #selfpub #selfpublishing #amwriting #authors #LCCN
- WOWSA days for authors all THIS WEEK via @emeraldlakebks and Publishing with Purpose online summit. Join me @JudithBriles+ 20 publishing pros. emeraldlakebooks.com/summit2022 #PWP2022 #publishing #selfpubtips #authors #writingcommunity
- Do you arrive at meetings late and #disrupt the discussion with your own agenda? It’s a great way to sideline your #career. How do you prevent getting sidelined? READ: bit.ly/RequiredCoachi… @womenintech @WomeninFinance @JudithBriles #leadershipblindspots @debkrier @ForbesWomen
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- #BookTok Book Marketing Tips| buff.ly/3M57CxQ | By The Book Professor via @BookBaby
- Can anyone start a blog? Absolutely! Getting set up is much easier than you think. pegfitzpatrick.com/start-idea-wit…
- Are podcasts part of your content marketing? In 2022,177 million Americans aged 12+ at least tried a podcast., about the number of Americans who used Facebook last year.
- Cosmic horror is unlike any other fiction genre, even in terms of horror. Author Scott Kenemore shares 3 tips for writing cosmic horror that goes beyond the norms of writing fiction. #TBT hubs.li/Q01pH_Nq0
- Author and writer tips for the difference in editing fiction and nonfiction books. New podcast via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd @CarolyneRuck bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #writingcommunity #publishing #podcast #editingtips #editing
- The #1 question every author should as is WHO … who I am writing for … WHO is my reader. Part 1 for finding your people—the WHO. Link here: ow.ly/L7EZ50L82yM Via @mybookshepherd @judith Briles #authorplatform #publishing #amwriting #selfpublishing
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
Ahhh … one of my rewards when I’m on a writing binge … M&Ms. And now they will be in my fave shade–PURPLE! Here’s the scoop: dailymail.co.uk/femail/article… #amwriting #mandms #authors #writingcommunity
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.