Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
Today is all about authors and books in my home this afternoon. It’s my annual Author Tea –there are 15 authors plus TWO awesome newbies featured. The newbies bring items that authors and book lovers will embrace.
One is an accomplished photographer who has created NoteScapes—beautiful note cards. As a noted writer, I love them. And then—who would love jewels and bookmarks … plus a few other items that have been bejeweled for use. Yup, all here in my home.
I’m the cook—menu put together for the tea spread. It will be an afternoon delight. If you are in Colorado, COME!
It’s Caturday … Fall time is at the heart of bookselling. Of looking forward to the coming year. What are you noodling? What are you doing to sell your books … to even pre-sell your book?
That’s me for this Saturday—tomorrow is working with a writing client starting at 8 am and in the afternoon, polishing my fiction book co-written with Brian Barnes—next week, it’s layout time … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks.” Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $47 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register- http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 550+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 13 Million listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- “Stop living your fears … live your dreams. If you believe your book will be successful, it’s the first step.” #judithbriles #thebookshepherd #author #book #publishing #Caturday
- Discover the Art of the Deep Listening to advance your writing on the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast via @JudithBriles @mybookshepherd bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #writingcommunity #publishing #podcast #ToginetRadio
- Smart authors ask questions. Today’s Publishing Tip focuses on rights—do authors have exclusive rights to their book files, illustrations, cover and design via @mybookshepherd @judith Briles #bookfiles #bookrights #publishing @FrugalBookPromo Link here: ow.ly/7PoP50Lh9Xi
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- For published authors only: If you want to roar and soar on Amazon, register for my short 4-week online course to claim mega #1 spots via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles. bit.ly/AMZBestseller #authors #publishing #selfpub #Amazon #weekend #books #bookmarketing
- The Draft2Digital/Smashwords Merger continues to move and progress behind the scenes. We’re taking our time to ensure a smooth transition for all our users, and today we’re offering a road map for what users should expect. bit.ly/3aYOuUa #draft2digital #merger
- Are you taking advantage of podcasts as part of your content marketing? Use these 10 Podcast Tactics with examples & case studies to improve @libsyn @katelerickson @cspenn @JoePulizzi @webby2001 #contentmarketing #podcast #audio heidicohen.com/audio-marketin…
- How to Draw Anatomy for #Comics 2 (HD #Kindle Ed.) Link: amzn.to/3wAtgCx #MondayMotivation #mondaymorning #SheHulk #manga #anime @TweetYourBooks #darkseid #ZackSnyder𓃵 #Superman #HenryCavillSuperman @eBookLingo #IARTG @AnimeRTweeters @FrugalBookPromo #usa 🇺🇸 #uk 🇬🇧
- Here’s a Way to Take the Pain Out of #WritingBookReviews, While Adding a Touch of Glory @FrugalBookPromo @wiseOwlfactory ow.ly/fzJ730sqiXx
- @NaNoWriMo 2022 is coming! Write a novel (50,000 words) during Nov 1-30. NaNoWriMo novels include Sara Gruen’s Water for Elephants, Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus, Hugh Howey’s Wool, and Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl. nanowrimo.org/about-nano HT @BookBaby
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
How to make faux head in a jar spooky Halloween decoration pin.it/2gGakcI #pinitforlater
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.