Good Authoring Day to YOU …
… And Happy Saturday to you!
This day every month is always a favorite of mine—it’s the second Saturday, meaning it’s the AuthorYOU Salons. Online starts at 7 am MT and the in-person at 9 am MT in my home. A pick my brain affair where any author/publishing/book marketing question can be asked and answers flow. From me … and from those within the group.
In the afternoon today, I’ll be putting the finishing touches on the new guest suite in my home … for personal friends and for when authors I’m working with come to stay a few days for intensive one-on-one writing and marketing strategy time. Maybe someday, you’ll be here.
All the meal counts and numbers are in for the Aspiring Authors Scholarship celebration for this coming Friday. There are five very excited authors on the to-be-published deck!
And it’s Caturday … All authors stumble—some fall down and get bruised deeply. The only solution is to open your computer; get your pencil and pad out; or start dictating. Move forward, one word, one sentence, one paragraph, one chapter at a time. There is no other recovery method for when the rejection arrives at your authoring door.
That’s me for this Saturday … How about you?… What are you up to? …
Friday mornings are the place to be with other authors! I love the Friday coaching that happens early each Friday AM. I always have a “new tip” for the group that I lead with—a “show and tell how to do ‘it’ … whatever ‘it’ is, then it opens up to “catch up” and “asks”. Become a subscriber so you can get Friday Coaching for only $37 a month for VIP AuthorYOU members, $75 for non-members—limited number of subscribers allowed. We gather viz Zoom at 7 AM. Get on board –it’s fun and informative … and you get all questions answered. We do it via Zoom. This is for any author anywhere! Register– http://bit.ly/JudithCoaching
THIS WEEK on Author YOU – Your Guide to Book Publishing, the theme is always author, writing, and publishing success. Thursday’s show added insights to the latest for website development. Take advantage of it—just an hour of your time—Listen in to this podcast with host Judith Briles and her guest each week. http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 ET, 5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://bit.ly/BookPublishing-iTunes.
OR … just go to http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast. With over 500+ downloaded podcasts to select from, the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast has experienced over 12,000,000 listeners … you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are The Book Shepherd’s® Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Author, Publishing and Resource Success
- NEW Blog on “10 Ways to Fall Forward from So-So Author to an OMG Author!” read more… bit.ly/3AMWdNY #authorsuccess #publishing #judithbriles #writing
- AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast probes the wide, wide world of guerrilla book marketing. Podcast via @mybookshepherd @JudithBriles @OrvelRay bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #bookmarketing #publicspeaking #publishing
- @Tales2Inspire2 , this may be a contest one if my fave resources needs to know about, @winningwriters. Tx4 helping spread the word, @dawnwilson325 @juloliviera34
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Believe in Web3? Then listen too @sandycarter: Didn’t want to get left behind Believe in the Web 3 purpose Fell in love with community Saw Web3 needed more women See need for Web3 needs to become easier to use #web3 #marketing #web3marketing businessinsider.com/why-i-quit-ama…
- Essential tips for Book Club support in book and on websites. Link here: 👉 ow.ly/RBeh50KALrh #amwriting #writingcommunity #selfpublishing #indiepublishing #bookmarketing #JudithBriles #bookclubs ##authors websites #authorsuccess @FrugalBookPromo
- Are you Zooming? As a guest? As a presenter? Want to excel as either? The AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast via @JudithBriles@MyBookShepherd is peppered with tips for #ZOOM. bit.ly/BookPublishing… #books #authors #amwriting #writingcommunity #publishing
- Writing Characters: I usually have a general idea who the character is when I write, but they always seem to show me more and more along the way. Changing my thoughts about them. For me, this feels organic; I learn a bit more about each character as the reader does. #amwriting
- While there is no common definition of great, all great books have the common feature of lacking content that isn’t great. Great writing does not contain “un-great” stuff. Learn more about “What Makes Great Writing?” on the @BookBaby #blog. bit.ly/3ehd2sG #amwriting #authors
- 🍭We have a sweet “REWARD” just for you! Use promo code “REWARD” for free handling on any order over 51 copies! ⭐Offer expires 9/30/22. Code not valid on previously submitted orders. Enter code REWARD at time of order. Valid for orders placed from U.S. print facilities only.
Cool Things, FUN Things & OMG Moments
- Ahhhh … such fun here. The Cutest Bookstore Pets in America | @ElectricLit pwne.ws/3D1IwNT #caturday #bookstores #authors #reading #writingcommunity
Remember … you can listen to over 500s+ podcast that The Book Shepherd® Dr. Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcast, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes:http://ow.ly/QO0oK
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 42 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2022 Judith Briles – The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.